UA Solo 610 re-housed - no signal from DI

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Che_Guitarra

Hi all. I had a Universal Audio 610 rehoused (actually many years ago). I don't use it anymore, so am looking to move it along.

I don't think I've ever used the DI, but a quick check just now and it doesn't appear to be passing signal. I should note it's otherwise working / passing signal via mic and line in perfectly.

My electronic troubleshooting skills are basic at best, but looking at the input and the wiring looks OK? Blue is running to tip, brown to ring and sleeve. There is no continuity across them when a cable is plugged in.

All other switching is correct (ie - DI is selected), and these switches read OK too.

7ENTOJh.jpg

pyDvuFY.jpg

Any suggestions? I'm all ears if anyone can help. Can take extra photos upon request :)

Can you pull the wiring loom to the side, so we can see that corner of the board? Kinda looks like there is (or used to be) a "Mic / DI" switch there, originally(?)...

Or rather, how certain are you that the Mic/DI switch is connected correctly?

Hi Khron. The orientation / polarity of the wires all looks correct. Red runs to middle on both. Switch only has three pins.

I'm off to work now, but will take a photo when I get back.
Will also reheat these points as I guess it could just be a cold solder at one of these points.

Back