Mix Bus Compressor from scratch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have taken Jacob's advice and it now looks like this:-

I was never happy putting a noisy resistor on the input so this is a much better arrangement.

I have not yet had the time to fully test it yet, but the negative voltage level is identical to the former circuit, so that looks promising!

Thank you Jacob
best
DaveP

I am trying to match the "Ohmite" dials of the input and threshold controls, for the attack and Release switches.

I have produced the dials in MS Paint and will use some cellophane circles to give a durable finish.

best
DaveP
Not wanting to hijack this interesting thread, but what is the process for marking the front panel? I have a compressor that will need text and symbols.

what is the process for marking the front panel? I have a compressor that will need text and symbols.
[what is the process for marking the front panel?] -- Depends upon -- how/what -- it is that you want to have this done and/or you would like for it to look. Putting text and symbols onto a front-panel can be accomplish by:

1) Magic-Marker
2) Dymo-Label
3) Silkscreen
4) Engrave (mechanically or by laser) & White-Fill/Black-fill (my preference)
5) Crayon
6) Lipstick
7) Hammer and chisel & white-fill/black-fill

I had designed this rack-panel for its graphics and text to be "engraved & white-filled":

1715446715407.png

/

what is the process for marking the front panel?
I worked out the angles for the switch positions and drew it on MS paint. I printed off copies and enlarged them until I got the size right.

When it was finished, I drew a box around each one and coloured the text red. I was then able to paint the white parts black without losing the text.
Finally, I painted the red text white and printed it off. I carefully cut circles from some thick cellophane, like that you get from a new shirt box.
best
DaveP

I worked out the angles for the switch positions and drew it on MS paint. I printed off copies and enlarged them until I got the size right.

When it was finished, I drew a box around each one and coloured the text red. I was then able to paint the white parts black without losing the text.
Finally, I painted the red text white and printed it off. I carefully cut circles from some thick cellophane, like that you get from a new shirt box.
best
DaveP
Now THAT is real DIY.

Cheers

Ian

Back