Western Electric 111C Zin

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRIGO

GDIY Supporter
Hello,
I am new here . Thank you for your welcome.
I am a Belgian audiophile.
I used a pair of we111c to deymmetize a signal from my preamplifier (Wavac PRT1 - Zout 600 Ohms XLR - Cable of 12 meters), to a jadis brand amplifiers (asymmetrical - RCA). So I have 600 ohms zout wavac and 600 ohms zin we111c I would like to have more in zin we, to have more gain. Can I put We 111C in series or put resistance on transformers ??
Thank you and have a good weekend
Patrick

Hej, Welkom (Bienvenue),

You can put them in series (I wouldn't suggest it), but this seems more like you would want to pad (reduce) the level coming from the preamp? something like this https://www.shoey.com/dat/xlr2rca.asp ?

( I am confused why you think you need more gain, you should be more than 7db hotter?, maybe your wiring is incorrect? )

Last edited:
Looks like you are using the wrong type of transformer. The WE 111C is 1:1

You should use something like a 600:10K and have the secondary unbalanced. You’ll have plenty of choice, but I think you should give the Cinemag a try

Edit : I deciphered your post and your amp’s input is 600ohm so I guess you can use a 1:1 transformer. primary is balanced and secondary is unbalancing. I don’t see how you can get more level. Maybe try a 600:10K. I am surprised of your 600 ohm unbalanced input…

This is the wrong Transformers, the jadis should have High impedance Inputs. Use a 600 ohm SUT instead. Something Like 50k secondary.

Back