ELA M finished!!!!!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukasound

Hi :grin:
I finished silikon holder for capsule:
http://www.cankar.net/duka/Duka_MIC_21a.JPG
Body:
http://www.cankar.net/duka/Duka_MIC_29a.JPG
Front:
http://www.cankar.net/duka/Duka_MIC_32a.JPG
Back:
http://www.cankar.net/duka/Duka_MIC_31a.JPG
Capsule on silicon holder:
http://www.cankar.net/duka/Duka_MIC_36a.JPG

ELA M works:grin:
I test circuit and I got sound.
Now I have about 125V (although I put zener 120V). When I decrease voltage to 120V I will post another voltages and I will record short clip.
Thanks to all who help me, specialy to Vili (Lampas) who send me T14/1 like gift.

Duka,

Very nice work (as always). Do you have any way to mount the tube upside down? You've got very long grid wire from capsule--not good.

I'll be picking your brain on this one for sure. I really want to build this mic and have a wonderful M7 waiting for a new home. Very nice work!!!

Lindell:
Looks nice!!! Whats that capsule ? No rubber mount to the capsule? Awesome body !
I put capsule on silikon holder (watch first pic)

Marik:
Very nice work (as always). Do you have any way to mount the tube upside down? You've got very long grid wire from capsule--not good.
*Thanks for suggestion. I used some pics of original C12.

Kubi:
Wow, that was fast, you just presented the C800D!
Great looking!
*I prepared this works about one year. In progres G/ and one Royer mod with Jensen and 5840. Thanks

Tommytones:
I'll be picking your brain on this one for sure. I really want to build this mic and have a wonderful M7 waiting for a new home. Very nice work!!!
*Thanks Tom. My english is bad and I dont understand first phrase.

You could place a resistor and another cap after the 125V to reduce the voltage.

Turn the tube around(like Marik posted) and make the grid to capsule distance as small as you can make it.

What grid to ground resistor did you use? 8 meg 30meg or >30meg?

*You could place a resistor and another cap after the 125V to reduce the voltage.

OK. I will try first with 4 x 30V zeners. I had it (excatly 120V) but one zener gone

*Turn the tube around(like Marik posted) and make the grid to capsule distance as small as you can make it.

It is dificult now. I must make new construction, but very good suggestion.

*What grid to ground resistor did you use? 8 meg 30meg or >30meg?

I used 8M like on original schematic. Also (you saw) I used new CK12 capsule. Do you have better solution?
Thanks
Duka

[quote author="nacho459"]How did you make the body? It looks CLEAN![/quote]

I have one aluminium tube outside diameter 45mm and inside 39mm. Than my friend make me two tubes out 45mm inside 42mm and second outside 42mm inside 39mm. Outside parts he polished on lathe. Everythin (cuting space for grill I did it hanmade)

[Edited by Ethan. Duka please do not edit this again, and in the future if you need to post pictures larger than 400X300 just LINK to them.]

Ethan, big apologize. I was meaning that pictire can be 600X300
Duka

[quote author="Gus"]What grid to ground resistor did you use? 8 meg 30meg or >30meg?[/quote]

Gus
I made a mistake in hurry. I use 32M (22M+10M in series) grid to ground resistor.
I measured (with 125V) 62V on plate, 1,2 on cathode. On point two 470K and 8M I have 50V???? I expected about 60V because this is classic voltage divider.
After 8M in conection with 4700p I saw 6,7V.
Stabilized voltage for heater I adjust on 6,2V.

Nice job! That looks great! I haven't been able to finish mine yet. Let us know how the sound compares to your other mics.
-Scott

[quote author="Gus"]You could place a resistor and another cap after the 125V to reduce the voltage.

Gus
I put 6,8K and 0,1u and I got 120,8V.
I saw:
Plate: 58,3V
Cathode: 1,1V
470K-470K-8M: 49,1V
After 8M: 6,46V
Any suggest?
Duka

Duka, I can only say your work is beautiful. It is ingenious to put together something as good as this from pictures, schematics and ingenuity. I like how you made that mold for the silicon capsule mount. What kind of silicon did you use? When you get a chance to listen to it, please let us know what you think of the sound.

[quote author="thomasholley"]Duka, I can only say your work is beautiful. It is ingenious to put together something as good as this from pictures, schematics and ingenuity. I like how you made that mold for the silicon capsule mount. What kind of silicon did you use? When you get a chance to listen to it, please let us know what you think of the sound.[/quote]

Hi Thomas
I used transparent silikon for home use. I wait a couple days to congeal silicon. Thickness is 10mm
Capsule_holder.GIF

On first listening I mean that this mikes (both C800D and Ela M) have less low-bass than my old AKG414EB, but today I make test with same off from both and same melody. No less low :grin: .
I hear tube (I like it) and ELA M have nice presence
Best
Duka

HI
I have a small hum.
When I push low cut or touch mike its gone.
I make grounding in mike chassis (in one point).
On PSU I didnt connect pcb ground to chassis.
I connect mains ground to chassis.
Duka

Back