ELA M finished!!!!!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New pics!
DCP_2614a.JPG

DCP_2615a.JPG

[quote author="alk509"]That's NICE, Duka!

Did you get rid of the hum?

Peace,
Al.[/quote]

Hi Al
Not yet but with another wire mesh over this i havent hum
Duka

[quote author="Gus"]Turn the tube around(like Marik posted) and make the grid to capsule distance as small as you can make it.[/quote]

Gus I agree!!!!!
Before:
Duka_MIC_31.JPG

Duka_MIC_32.JPG

After
DCP_2684a.JPG

DCP_2685a.JPG

Thanks for suggestion
Bigger pics:
http://www.dukasound.cg.yu/SLIKE/DCP_2684.JPG
http://www.dukasound.cg.yu/SLIKE/DCP_2685.JPG

Duka

Great work Duka!! :thumb:

That looks really beautiful.

Is that a Haufe T-14/1 trafo you're using there?
I have one laying around and I'm eager to know how it works.
The ELA M is the next one on my list after I've finished my half dozen other projects.

cheers,

Okko

[quote author="omeiko"]Great work Duka!! :thumb:

That looks really beautiful.

Is that a Haufe T-14/1 trafo you're using there?
I have one laying around and I'm eager to know how it works.
The ELA M is the next one on my list after I've finished my half dozen other projects.

cheers,

Okko[/quote]

Yes, Haufe. My friend from Slovenia Vili send me like gift.
I tested with my old AKG 414EB and I am amazing. Not better, but different. I must put second mesh because with only one I have some hum.

[quote author="Gabriel Sousa"]great, excelent, superb job dukasound,

can you share the component list and the tranformer specs. i would like to make one.

thanks[/quote]
Hi
Look this!!!
http://www.cankar.net/duka/Ela_M_Duka.GIF
Thanks

Duka,
Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example Sound Example ????? :green:

Been sarching for info re the Ela circuit bin reading about the grid resitor of 30 Meg or 8 Meg.....why two different ?
Also the Dc blocking capacitor before the transformer Duka here using a 1 UF & some using 3.2Uf and with same transformer I think ....anyone help me with this info ...thanks

gary o said:
Been sarching for info re the Ela circuit bin reading about the grid resitor of 30 Meg or 8 Meg.....why two different ?

Not that two different models of valve are used in the Ela microphones. Both components from high-pass filters.

Hi Roda thanks for yr reply ....yeah I was interested in the Ela251E version with the 6072....I bin reading old threads someone somewhere was askin someone which value of the two they used as grid resistor within the same model Ela ..I think I cant find thr thread now...I have 30 Meg on mine Iv been trying different dc blocking capictors & transformers allday & have fixed my Violet lollypop onto the body so I can record with it & compare to C28A/C12 circuit......It does sound nice... lots more level than lolly on C28A/C12 tho ?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back