Add P48 to my ward beck channel strips oops!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antoniosolo

I thought I had covered everything but alas, I missed this one!!! I bought two channels (m460), a 2 unit rack to put them in and happened upon a w625b power supply from a desk.  So I bought the w625b  power supply and had some connectors wired up for 25+- and common and 110v.  Now I am wondering should I buy an external P48 to add a connector onto the back of the racked pair or Huh I use mostly tube mics with power supplies anyway so my one FET I could run through my digidesign for p48 but my frontend was going to allow for my signals to enter protools through spdif.  Any easy ideas or am I just being lazy?

If you only have 1 mic or so that requires phantom power, then your better off just picking up an external phantom power source. you can get 2 channel ones  for around 50.00 dollars at the local banjo center.

in the long run it saves time as you won't have to wire it up or do any metal work to your racked up modules/chassis.

that would be easiest IMO

I'm working on a pair of 470's right now and since I'm using a JLM psu I got the "go between" that adds +48, pad and phase.  Joe at JLM could tell you what you would need to incorporate it into the power supply you have.  None the less, the afore mentioned jawns would be easier.   

OOH nice, sounds great, clear, strong so sensitive I can picup a thump across the room...So I found a buyer,  so ...gotta go, gotta go.  Found a pair of Neves and I just love that N word. 

Latest posts

Back