Second G7 new power supply and a ribbon mic!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tskguy

Well this DIY bug bit me .....and after building my first g7 I thought why not 2 ;D

And then I thought why not try a ribbon!!

Both G7's sound amazing...I havent had the chanse to do much recording with the second but what I have recorded so far sounds great.

The ribbon as far as I can tell sounds great as well. I really need to try it out recording some guitar cabs. I used a lundahl trans and ribbon material that John Peluso
hooked me up with.  Ribbon is 1 3/4 inch long and 3/16th wide.

Next is a pair of ssl9k's and hopefully an la2a.

Enjoy

very nice tskguy!
are you using the peluso CK12 capsule in your G7s?
did you make the bodies yourself?  they look good!  how did you do the cutouts for the capsule on the body?
kind regards,
grant

Yes Im using the cek12 from peluso. They are really nice sounding caps in the G7.
And yes I made the bodies they are actually made from 2inch copper tubing. I would have used brass
but I was able to find the copper much easier. The cutouts were made with a dremel tool and a fiber cutoff wheel. Its not as bad as it sounds, it was the easiest part of making them. The end cap and internal support was a real pain. They are just painted with a black enamel.

Latest posts

Back