does this edgewise meter work in the SSL?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbira

mouser 541-ME-DMA-001 dc milliammeter. edgewise.
16.00$USD

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/620/1335.pdf

This is from the other SSL post, but no answer yet. I'm getting all the parts together. Thanks. Joel

I have 4 GSSLS, all 4 use this meter. It works just fine. they are also clear plastic so you can easily light the meter from behind! I used warm white LEDs 3300K which mimic incandescent bulb light and they look stunning!

:green:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/noireclipse/album?.dir=abd3&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/noireclipse/my_photos

wow what a link.. I have better pics if you guys want closeups. I haven't borrowed the camera again to get the pics of the lighted meter and jewel yet. :sad: I keep forgetting

yeah tell me about it! the ones I really wanted are 6$ a peice.. 5*6=30.. 30*4=120$ worth of knobs! :green:

I'm actually turning my own knobs at work when time permits. pics to follow when i make enough!

:guinness:

[quote author="Svart"]
I'm actually turning my own knobs at work when time permits. pics to follow when i make enough![/quote]

Now THAT is the spirit of DIY!

:thumb:

Jakob E.

:green:

hee hee, I just call it the "cheap ass" spirit since i'll spend 120$ on good caps and parts but not on knobs.. go figure!

Knobs are easy to make and my work has scrap aluminum rod in the right diameter which they allow me to use for free.

now if they would just let me drink on the job... :green:

:guinness:

I have been using these meters. I tested 30 dB reduction when tracking full scale with a 1k resistor on the pcb. What is it caused by? Is it a shady meter to use? :shock:

Mundox,

Don't worry too much about meter precision - you'll never set it by-the-meter anyway.

But if you want precise metering, use a trimmer pot in series with the meter, and set the right range.

Jakob E.

No, I don't worry actually. But I'd like to see the 1dB,2db reductions easily. But I don't want to lower the meter resistor too much, I am worried it'll blow out or something. It's cheap.

why not use the meter 541-MOS-DMA-001 on the other page? 1" panel mount moving coil DC milliammeter 0-1 range. Same specs as that edge meter.

Mark

Knobs are easy to make and my work has scrap aluminum rod in the right diameter which they allow me to use for free.

I would like to see those when done ! :thumb:

@svart

I just bought the Mouser meter and I would like to have light in the meter - can you tell a little more about how you set it up?? (is it just a normal small light bulb you have used?? does the light interfere with the metering.....)

Hi all,

What scale does the meter come with?

If not 0-20, can I change it myself? Possible to open the meters without damaging them?

Thx in advance!

Rogy

What value resistor is used for this meter in the spot on the PCB that says 2k? How about the spots that say 1k?

Also....how do I wire up some 3mm leds? I know that sounds dumb, but I'm a noob.

[quote author="Hulk"]@svart

I just bought the Mouser meter and I would like to have light in the meter - can you tell a little more about how you set it up?? (is it just a normal small light bulb you have used?? does the light interfere with the metering.....)[/quote]

Hello,

I orderd 2 of those but found out that they can't export due to recycling restriction.
Any idea how I can get my hands on those?
Based in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance.

Willem.

Latest posts

Back