How not to ship a console overseas!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodderboy

GDIY Supporter
Before
normal_DSCF1982_downsized.JPG

During
during_downsized.JPG

After
mainframe_downsized.JPG

Um, bubble ain't enough.  You need a tech.
It took a dive off a forklift.  Luckily there are, well, four more left in the world!
Mike

You must be kidding me, WTF

What was the shipping company USPS?? You need serious freight with that kind of console, and a dedicated flightcase just for the shipping or wodden box with console fixed in, i mean they guy couldn't spend a little more after a purchase like this?????

hitchhiker said:
That's a cryin' shame. Stupid shippers should be .....well they're just plain dumb. So sorry man!

Shippers are shippers, expecting them to care for our goods is foolish.  The onus is on the person sending the goods to prepare them for all eventualities..... A friend of mine had over $100,000 worth of damage done by a guy who drove a forklift through flight cases.  Imagine the force it would take to destroy a flight case and rip the front panel from a Bryston amp!  Insanity.  In that case the gear was all packaged and prepared and paletted, nothing more one can do. 

Those pics are sad.

How bad is the damage really? If the frame is bent, then you can either replace, or bend it back into shape. However if the pcb's are damaged then that's a whole other story. maybe making a clone is not a bad investment

Dejavu. I have seen that sort of horror pictures sooo many times.

Part of my business used to be in architectural, engineering and marine modelmaking. In one case we completed a model for a development in Dubai. I adviced the client to spend another £500 so that we could get an aluminium clad flight case to protect the model. This was a model that cost almost £15K by the way. He said it was unnecessary as they would wrap it in cardboard box securely and it would be fine. I literally pleaded with him that it was a suicide. He said no. Ookeyy. You are the boss. Of course as expected when he arrived at Dubai a cardboard box full of plastic bits was handed over to him, what we call like a bag o' soggy chips.

So, I agree with John's comment on IQ and I can categorically tell you that the great majority of handlers can not pass that test. But my trophy would go to the sender of that console.

Latest posts

Back