Another EZ1290

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam system-d

Hi everyone!
I work slower on this one as I don't want to mess up with it.
I still got some soldering to do (transistors, wiring) some drilling (xlr and power plugs) but the main idea is here. I plan to do someday 2 other channels, didn't have the money at the time for a quad :/
Fun built, here is some stuff I did :
- Add pol/pad/48v with relay switching (24v - Should I do another "psu" just for the switching, or could I use the 24v that power the main board?)
- Switch & leds card for the frond (fits perfectly)
- Built MNATS Variable+48v psu (very quick redesign to fit my componants)

Didn't tested it yet, but if the 48v/pad/pol work well, I can send you some home etching files.

Well few pictures, more to come when it will be done!
Thanks to Martin Adriaanse for the PCB and this very good built infos, Colin @ audio maintenance for the very fast shipping and the very good packaging, Mnats for the PSU (and so many other stuff on his website) and this forum for providing such great infos/projects. So far, I never had in mind that someday, I could have such amazing pieces of gear for my recordings. And I think it's not over yet.

scaled.php

scaled.php

Lookin good Sam!  I'm working on one of these as well.

For the relays, just pull it from the main 24v rail.  I'd be curious to see your go between home-etch files... I designed one awhile back, but it's no good for tight spots.

Cheers,
dave

Well, I've been quite busy (and also out of cash :)) so it was kindda difficult to finish this unit...)
It's not finished yet, but it should be in the next two days.
Some modifications :
adding the Hi/Low switch, relay based, attached to a PCB on the input transformer.
adding the trim (I found good quality ones I guess).

Bad thing, I will have do the front panel indications... but I think it's worth it.

I also made two Bo Hansen DI (really cool project, I redesign a little bit the pcb to just have the AOP transfo on it, and make it a little bit smaller) and a reamping box from DIY recording equipment (I should test this one next mounth)

Actually, I'm trying to do a SSL compressor (2181BL based), but as I like when things are difficult, I'm redesigning it, including the famous turbo board, SSL Tech improvements, the led meter (redesign) from Silvas and maybe the relay bypass. Nothing's really ready yet exept the led meter pcb, and 90% of the main board. I just hope I don't do mistake so it will be working without any trouble :)

Here comes some pictures :
Inside (still some stuff to solder in it)

1st mainboard

Input trannies

Pad/Pol/48v pcb

Front panel (ready for 2 other boards :))

Bo Hansen DI

and almost all the stuff that I build thanks to this place :

And of course, I will post the etxching files of my ods as soon as the project will be finished/tested/working.

"this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days."

Yes, I know, I was slow on that one... My bad (and my wallet's...)
I can say it after 5 hours of cleaning everything and making it neat :
I  H A V E  F I N I S H E D  M Y  E Z 1290 ! ! ! ! !
And I'm happy, glad, proud of it.
This project would not be there without Martin AdriaanseColin @ audio maintenance and Mnats.

Few pics of the final unit :
EZ1290 by Sam
As my addons work, here they are :
PCB + relay for 300/1200ohm switch
PCB for 48v/pad/pol
and the switches.
48v/Pad/Pol+Impedance switch for EZ1290

That's my small gift to the community.
Next projects (right after next tour : The Rude Tube, U87 from Potcop, 4 channels API as I sold my 2 channels unit to a studio that felt in love with it, a 4 channel studer Eq based on Audiox's work, and a SSL comp, mixing the GSSL by Gyraf, the "turbo board" on board (thanks to expat audio), a led meter based on Silvas's work, and few leds based on the beautiful GSSL from Livingnote.
If they work, as usual, I'll give it to the community.
Thanks to this forum and the members to make things like this happen! And few swear words, because I'm putain de content bordel!!

Thanks for the contribution Sam. I know this is a bit ago (over 120 days) but I am having trouble figuring out how to wire your relay add ons. Specifically...

1. What is + SWV? +24v maybe?
2. I imagine the "48/pad/pol" in/out go before the input transformer?
3. I am not sure how to wire the H/L SW board to the input transformer. GNDSWV goes to star ground I imagine but then...?
4. What do you mean by "connect ground to input" on the pdf? Do you mean wire from GND to IN 1? Shouldn't that be connected to star ground thru the 1st pin on the male XLR already?

I would like to make this fit some square push buttons in the Neve style. Thanks in advanced for any help.

-Alain

Good job...and welcome to the family of EZ1290 builders.  :)

Patience is a good thing...

Latest posts

Back