10468 Relay PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="guavatone"] I hope I am the first to make a PCB of this.
[/quote]

I did etch a board but no parts have been soldered so no worries! It's just sitting in my pile of things I don't have time for right now.

[quote author="clintrubber"]
Why not ? (if the PCB is not too heavy in total or could nechanically be decently supported)... [/quote]

It does have a fairly heavy input transformer onboard. Seems like too much weight to be pulling on the xlr solder pins. I find it easiest to drill XLR holes without regard to perfect alignment with a PCB. Maybe I'm too sloppy for pcb mounted XLRs.

Thanks for the head up Guavatone! And thanks again for the board file. I will eventually build one. I'll wait till it's confirmed and etch again. Kato

[quote author="kato"][quote author="clintrubber"]
Why not ? (if the PCB is not too heavy in total or could nechanically be decently supported)... [/quote]

It does have a fairly heavy input transformer onboard. Seems like too much weight to be pulling on the xlr solder pins. I find it easiest to drill XLR holes without regard to perfect alignment with a PCB. Maybe I'm too sloppy for pcb mounted XLRs.[/quote]
Definitely better then to have wired connectors, you don't want to risk problems later on (hassle to fit in a bad fitting XLR when in a hurry, putting strain on the connections etc) for some more ease at the assembly-stage. Hey, I saw even my Beh. MDX2100 Composer neatly uses some wires from PCB to connector :thumb:

[quote author="clintrubber"][quote author="madriaanse"]What about adding holes for a PCB mounted, chassis XLR connector?

M.[/quote]
Why not ? (if the PCB is not too heavy in total or could nechanically be decently supported)...[/quote]

with the XFMR and all the relays it would be way too heavy.

i just re-did the layout. Kato, you're better off than me. I stuffed 3 already and wasted some good MC copper boards. Sorry for the waste of your copper.

Hopefully someone can swing by and confirm this mistake.....hint, hint.

[quote author="guavatone"]
i just re-did the layout. Kato, you're better off than me. I stuffed 3 already and wasted some good MC copper boards. Sorry for the waste of your copper.
[/quote]

Oh no sweat. I'm much more grateful for your layout than I am worried about a few inches of wasted PCB.

MC = metal core? Where does one get that?

[quote author="guavatone"]Cool. I meant MG chemicals.[/quote] Oh right. I have a couple of MG boards too. They have noticibly thicker copper than the bulk boards I got on ebay - although those are fine too.

[quote author="guavatone"]MEGA BUMP[/quote]

Is there a way to test these transformers? Can we use a dual-trace scope and compare the ingoign waveform to the outgoing and compare polarity? I can give that a try if it would help? I've never tested a transformer other than for continuity. Kato

It's back and working. Excuse the sloppy gound stuff but It's all about grounding options with Neve. I think this gound plane is better since it's closer to a star setup where the relay grounds meet.

Next up: I hope to throw a Constant current driver on these boards.

enjoy

Latest posts

Back