1073 Lite for the 500 or 51X rack

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys,  I've been on the road for a bit, but will begin assembling a list of who wants how many, and will do a run in a couple of weeks.
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

I'd be down for quite a few. What is the ballpark cost and what is included? I was also curious how the pcb is attached to the faceplate... Is it just by the switch nuts?

-Brice

funkymonksf said:
I'd be down for quite a few. What is the ballpark cost and what is included? I was also curious how the pcb is attached to the faceplate... Is it just by the switch nuts?

-Brice

The switch nuts carry most of the weight, but there are pot nuts as well.  It's pretty solid.

I'm finishing up a pair of these with Ed Anderson's output AND input transformers.  We'll be auditioning them next week.  My present plan is to offer board sets with the "harder to find" parts, like the headers, hardware, and such.  The other parts are pretty much "off the shelf" from Audio Maintenance, Hairball, and Mouser.  A couple of posts back I did a napkin total of about $400 US in parts.

Best,
Bruno2000

Greetings folks,
Just a little bump to show Ed Anderson's input transformer on the 1073 Lite.  Wow, Ed's input transformer is nice.  I built up 2 of these to compare with the originals.  Ed's transformer seems to be a bit warmer than the Carnhill, with a slightly brighter top end (or maybe just a taste less bottom).

I'm still debating if I want to sell these myself, or if there's still enough interest.......

1073LiteEd2.jpg

Best,
Bruno2000

bruno2000 said:
Greetings folks,
Just a little bump to show Ed Anderson's input transformer on the 1073 Lite.  Wow, Ed's input transformer is nice.  I built up 2 of these to compare with the originals.  Ed's transformer seems to be a bit warmer than the Carnhill, with a slightly brighter top end (or maybe just a taste less bottom).

my 10468 does have a bit higher rolloff than the carnhill; of course the carnhill isn't exactly the same as the marinair, so this isn't an accident...

glad you like the transformers.

ed

This project is going to be available shortly.  It will be a set of boards, and the interconnect hardware.  Sorry, I've been busy with other things, and got behind on this one.
Best,
Bruno2000

Latest posts

Back