2254C: Classic. Class A. Simple and bold. Collecting the orders.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Igor"]
With the single channel unit will the Carnhill transformer lie horizontally? I don't have one with me now, but just wondering if they are not too tall vertically to fit into a 1U rack?
Carenhills are 38mm min height...we have 40mm inside rack...
Add 1.6mm PCB and some mm down the pcb to avoid shorts to case.
So, right answer-no :)
Only way to mount Carnhill's or StIves in 1RU is to lay them down
on isolation pcb's and hookup with wires. As in 33609.
See this tread:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=26218&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=345
(thanx to promixe for photo).

Regarding Sowters....will see what is possible.[/quote]

I expected as much... Igor, since you were asking for suggestions... and if it a> is not too expensive, b> not too much effort... why not have the little transformer PCB that one can solder the Carnhill iron to and have the pins terminate at a molex header than can be attached to the header on the main board... a more elegant solution? Though more costly...

Matt

It looks super good Igor, I want to build a stereo set.  I'm not going to be bummed I missed out on the 33609.
I just noticed that there are 2 link switches on the front panel layout. Is that right?
My other question here is the bypass in the circuit... is that for a compression bypass or for a true bypass?
Sleeper

Bump to get interest from other Prodigy members and also to ask Igor for some pics... to see what the build complexity is.

Awesome project again!

bb

Any chance there will be a full-on kit/group buy with a nice case from Purusha? 
Did you decide on the mounting for transformers?
If there will be enough orders, sure, you can ask Purusha for cases :)
I received proto boards with same trafo options like on my 33609 clone.
Really dunno when I can find some days to finnish and test them.
HUH, tooooo much things to do!

Huh...time..time..time. I working now on 3rd revison of PCB, to
make it even more user-friendly than 33609 pcb's. Just some patience.
I relly hate to offer 99.9%....it should be 100% up.

Latest posts

Back