9K PSU transformer question/problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jonathan. Is it OK (I think this is what Rob is referring to?) to use the 2nd PSU PCB with 7815 and 7915 regulators to supply the TL052 IC's?

If so does this PSU PCB need to be modified at all other than the Regulators for +-15VDC?

Exactly Blade, just put different regs in there. The cap values can be exactly the same as for the other board.

im confused now. rob is the only person ive seen use 2 psu boards, one for 18+- and one for 15+-. how else can you power the 15+- with the same board like everyone else is doing? and why isnt there a 15v rail on the psu board if the main board calls for 15v?

A good trafo to use for psu is digikey part #TE62074-ND...
its a 18-0-18 @35va made by AMVECO. You could power up the
ssl9k with only a15v split supply if you want but if you have 2 psu boards
make one 15v and the other 18v. DO NOT RUN THE TLO52 on 18v
as this will exceed its rating. Hope this helps. Oh btw you can
run a bunch of ssl9k pres with this trafo and 2 psu boards.

GARY

gotcha.

so i should have one trans for powering the 15v board which runs to 4 9k's. and another thrans that powers the 18v board that runs to 4 9k's.
right?

ok so let me see if its all going in...

you build 2 of Keiths PSU's... one covering 15v (7815 & 7915) and another covering 18v (7818 & 7918). Both can be powered from the same transformer... and 4 9K's can be powered from the 2 supplies...

Now help my virgin DIY arse out and tell that im right when i assume the 9K are all wired in parallel to the PSU's.

Then i can slap in some JLM "Go between Kits" to simply add a DI, phantom power (since the 18v board is providing 48v too) and phase and we are in SSL wonderland?

http://www.jlmaudio.com/JLMDI.htm <- go between kit...

Latest posts

Back