Another G9...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam system-d

Hello everyone,
Here is my Gyraf G9, with oep transformers, EI tubes, and mods for the instrument input (board modified). Homemade boards.
Front panel is half drill (graduations, drill with 3mm, painted in black), half waterslide decals (all description) and then varnished. I wanted to "etch" it first, but didn't find a good way to do it.
I still have to fix some bad trimpot on the 48v section, but everything else seems to be just fine. Problem on gain switch was a wrong resistor value...
Tested it with a 58 and my voice, a telecaster, sounds really cool (and the noise is way way way behind)
Second preamp build (I'm still working on a quad green preamp), it's a terrific one. Just want to built another one now (planning the second one with lundahll, already prepared the borad to fit the LL1538)

Thanks to Jakob & Gyraf to bring this to diy community, I wish I could do stuff like this (but I don't really know electronics, but I'm learning)

Some pics :
Main board

Control board 1

Control board 2

Trannies

Front panel (on process)

Front panel done

G9 & Green Preamp

Next project, api 312!

Back