Any source for good mic input transformers suitable for tube designs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C12VR

I'm struggling to find a source of good mic inputs that doesn't take a million years and will actually respond to inquiries. I have been using old plug-ins from ebay, but these have their limitations and are not really all that cost effective. Cheaper the better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the transformer manufacturers are suffering from material supply shortages. It is also a labour intensive business so Covid has affected staffing levels too so you may just have to wait in line. If you want reasonable cost and good performance you could try the A187A15C from OEP (now Carnhill). You can get them here:

Radio Spares

but even they are on back order untill February.

Cheers

Ian

Thank you,
but I forgot to mention that I live in the U.S. Also, would prefer 10:1 ratio or higher.

Thank you,
but I forgot to mention that I live in the U.S. Also, would prefer 10:1 ratio or higher.

The A187A15C is 1:10 ratio but not easily available in the USA. Newark stocks one of OEP's 1:6.35 ratio ones but I think it is unscreened.

Have you checked the transformer meta? There are lots of US manufacturers listed there.

Might be an idea to update your profile to include your location.

Cheers

ian

I’ll mention, in terms of ease of ordering, I’m in the US and bought some OEP parts from the UK last year very easily. Obviously COVID challenges have been piling up world wide but all things being equal buying from OEP wasn’t at all more difficult than buying from Cinemag.

Latest posts

Back