Behringer B1 condenser mic schematics anyone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moby (or any),

Please post if you do anything else with this. I bought that and a couple C2s for cheap here recently and would be interested to see what you do to it. From the brief listening I did with mine, I didn't mind the brightness so much as the self noise it seemed to have (I believe it was with a Symetrix 528 pre at the time). Some pretty loud low frequency junk was going on between words, but I'd have to check it in a more "sterile" environment. It could have just been picking up more machine/ambient noise.

I'd also be interested to know if any of the people here have suspects in some of the common B-1 failure reports you can find online. It's usually stuff like "mic started making loud rustling noises & pops after a while, got worse, and is now unusable". If it's possibly something other than the capsule, it would be cool to swap in some better replacement parts just for the peace of mind.

BTW- Any ideas on what would be expected from the aforementioned Peluso capsule,etc.? I don't have a large selection here (4050,RE20, various other dynamics), and was sort of looking to get something with that "Chinese bite", but lower noise or higher reliability might be worth adding a few dollars to it.

Thanks!

George

The poping noises are usually dirt on the capsule - note that it happens only when you sing(or play) into the mic.

try to clean it with cotton and distiled water.(very gently!and only if you think you can do it without destroying the capsule..)

i just mounted the capsule from the B1 in a G7 mic with an oep transformer wired in series - that takes a bit of the brightnes off.i like the result.very usable.much better then the MK319 capsule.
now waiting on a peluso capsule...

Latest posts

Back