Behringer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

20230615_113808.jpg20230615_113441.jpg

Got him everywhere in my lil rudeboy production facility and there's more on order, lol. Take all my money.

I'm contemplating ordering the Poly D. Problem is I'm running out of space to put all these sonic toys. The computer is loaded to the hilt with soft synths and what have you. But the analog is calling analag!

Last edited:
20230615_120220.jpg

I have some space in this rack i just need to kick out the place holders and get to filling it. Oh and another thing...I replaced the orange drops ( coupling caps) with a pair of Russian military PIO caps and it sounds a bit more orgasmic, I mean organic.

Last edited:
The 2600 is a great value, just a bit more 'clean' sounding compared to the other 2600's and clones on the market. I have one along with a TTSH 2600 that I built. It's a fun synth.

I like it more as I get used to it. I use my 2600 soft synths to document my patches and visa versa. I don't think I want another 2600. I also have a Pro 800 on order, that should be fun.

The copy of the 2600 is nice. But when compared to a restored arp 2600 there is difference. That said, to me, the price difference does not justify the need to have an arp as I dare say the uli 2600 is nice

The copy of the 2600 is nice. But when compared to a restored arp 2600 there is difference. That said, to me, the price difference does not justify the need to have an arp as I dare say the uli 2600 is nice
No doubt but the price of a vintage 2600 is insane these days. I kick myself for not buying one 25 years ago when they could still be had for cheap, at least compared to today. The TTSH 2600 clones sound great as well, maybe a bit closer to the real McCoy. The extras on the B2600 are nice to have as well. For 600 USD, it's a no brainer.

The Behringer minimoog knockoff sounds pretty good too. I haven't heard any of their other synths.

Nice Analag. Back in collage days last mid century, there was a 2600 that was a blast to use along with an echoplex. It made for some ambient fun sound design. Still have a piece I wrote that I need to dig out and listen to.

No doubt but the price of a vintage 2600 is insane these days. I kick myself for not buying one 25 years ago when they could still be had for cheap, at least compared to today. The TTSH 2600 clones sound great as well, maybe a bit closer to the real McCoy. The extras on the B2600 are nice to have as well. For 600 USD, it's a no brainer.

The Behringer minimoog knockoff sounds pretty good too. I haven't heard any of their other synths.
My friend has an original, he got it when it was next to nothing price wise. He would have picked more at the same time he got the one had he known then what the current price is going for now.

I can remember the early days of eBay and all of the "ARP 2600 - needs servicing" listings. Damn.

One of my old bandmates had a 2600 and Odyssey that came from the Hit Factory in NYC IIRC. He lost all of his gear in a house fire over a decade ago. He lost a bunch of cool vintage synths and an insane old school punk rock record collection. I used to love noodling around on that thing.

Last edited:
I can remember the early days of eBay and all of the "ARP 2600 - needs servicing" listings. Damn.

One of my old bandmates had a 2600 and Odyssey that came from the Hit Factory in NYC IIRC. He lost all of his gear in a house fire over a decade ago. He lost a bunch of cool vintage synths and an insane old school punk rock record collection. I used to love noodling around on that thing.
That’s a bummer. I fear the same will happen to me via an earthquake. It is California and all.
I once dialed up the sound of Mike tv passing through the air from the original willie wonka movie. It wasn’t exact but boy was it hard to tell a difference.

If I had the space, I would keep getting these chunky sounding little boxes. This is where I think SMD electronics really shines.

K-2 came yesterday and the ordered Pro 800 came today. I think I'm soundind just a lil bit more analag...err I mean analog. All are USB connected which can be noisy if not addressed or which WAS noisy until I dealt of it.

I have the Arturia Collection 9 which has a Korg MS 20 emulation in it and I was surprised at how close it is to the sound of the K 2. Yet the analog synths seem to have more beef to the sound somehow.

Latest posts

Back