China mic again..

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's in the "DIYstompbox" forum. I think Aron changed the host and now the link doesnt work..it is supposed to take you to the new one, but doesnt...
try this http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/v/johan_0/Chinamic-biasmod-pictorial/
Like Gus said earlier in this thread a year and a half ago, there is perhaps a better way...just adjust R7 to get the bias right...also Keith ( SSLTech) suggested in another thread that increasing the value of C3 ( double ?) would remove the China brightness...I have tried it and have to agree..
j

WOW its been a year and we are in our 4th group buy. This time we are adding mic pres based on the 1073, 81, and 84 (3 different models) I guess I should have posted here earlier as I will be making the order soon.
To view the mics, pres, and specs, they can be viewd on my website. If interested, you can register, view prices, and will be included in the mass E-mails. These prices are for forum members only

Hey, Thanks for all the E-mails and interest from this board. It would be hard for me to answer them , but if you have registered, many of your questions will be answered via mass E-mail.

Chance, how much do you charge for shipping of the mics within the US after they arrive from China?

This isn't billed to buyers until after the mics have been paid for and have arrived from China, correct?

thanks.

[quote author="tommypiper"]Chance, how much do you charge for shipping of the mics within the US after they arrive from China?

This isn't billed to buyers until after the mics have been paid for and have arrived from China, correct?

thanks.[/quote]

Yes thats correct. There is no way to estimate these charges as every order will have different dimensions and weight. I have an account with Fed ex. Once your order is packed and ready to ship, I get the shipping charges and print the shipping label then send a request for shipping payment. When payment is recieved, it ships immeadiatly.
BTW it is not limited to USA.
The last group buy, many mics went to the UK, Austrailia, Canada, Mexico, Italy, New Zeland, as well as the US.

Just a quick note
Yesterday, I sent out the last mass E-mail via my E-dress. All further news/updates will be sent from the registration list. If you haven't registered, you won't get anymore information. I had to do it this way, because my E-mail will only allow me to send a max of 50 recipients at a time. The manufacturer is supposed to return on the 25th from the show in Germany. I plan to send the first mass-mail (to registered users) this weekend. I have more news on the tube dual ribbon mic and all 3 of the mic preamps.

Is this one of the preamps in question? (797 Audio from the Frankfurt show)

797_Audio.jpg

Jakob E.

Interesting
I thought 797 only made mics
By request of the manufacturer I can not reveal the manufacturer. In the early days of my group buys, I got in big trouble by stating we are getting the same mics from ***** manufacturer at a fraction of the price that **** and **** sells for. All the brand names complained to the manufacturer and threatoned to stop doing business with them. That manufacturer ceased selling to me. Since then, the manufacturer I am now using, requests a confidential agreement as to not affect their other clients, as well as jepordising people that want a real bargan opportunity.

Chance,

When is the mic group buy going to wrap up (approximately)?

How can we get more info on the ACM-1200? Does it come with a box? Shock mount? Any mount? PSU? Can we see other pictures?

cheers.

[quote author="tommypiper"]Chance,

When is the mic group buy going to wrap up (approximately)?

How can we get more info on the ACM-1200? Does it come with a box? Shock mount? Any mount? PSU? Can we see other pictures?

cheers.[/quote]

Yes it comes with shockmount, PSU, and flight case

It should be wrapping up soon. I just want to be sure everyones questions are answered so they can make an intelligent decision

[quote author="CHANCE"]I guess I should have posted here earlier as I will be making the order soon.
To view the mics, pres, and specs, they can be viewd on my website. If interested, you can register, view prices, and will be included in the mass E-mails. These prices are for forum members only[/quote]
Ooo, like one has just discovered a new candyshop in (global-)town :shock:
Let's register, have a cup of tea and a look...

Bye,

Peter

Well... that's a really old thread.. I know... But still... anyone still have those picture Johan once shared?

Takes a bit of detective work

The wayback engine finds:
components removed - but no images arcived, finding text references to R6,R7 and C4

So it could perhaps be these:

Attachments

• adjust_bias.sized.jpg
    adjust_bias.sized.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 28
  • back_of_pcb.sized.jpg
    back_of_pcb.sized.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 27
  • C4_moved.sized.jpg
    C4_moved.sized.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 28
  • check_voltage.sized.jpg