crisotop's finished projects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Christoph,
you´re DIY addicted, that´s clear. Beautiful builds and really nice photos, congratulation :thumb: :thumb:

Did someone realize the big fat Marshall Amp ..... :wink:

neve33609_calibrationSmall.jpg

regards
Bernd

Jeezz.... !

It's just too much in one shot :shock:

By the way, could you give more info about the reamp box ?

Would be nice....

I'm so f****** busy now. I can only manage to do "small" project right now.

Thanks

[quote author="flaheu"]Jeezz.... !

It's just too much in one shot :shock:

Would be nice....

I'm so f****** busy now. I can only manage to do "small" project right now.

Thanks[/quote]

Yes! I'm looking för some info about it too. Pleeeese?

thanks again - since I'm quite alone with the diy obsession in my hometown it feels good to get some thumbs up :grin: otherwise I would have booked a room in a mental home for next summer...

can you tell us a little about the use of the audio analyzer with the Neve 33609 ? looks interesting....

Nothing fancy, used it for precisely calibrating the unit (i.e. sine generator + measurement). I always make my measurements with the UPV, because as far as I know there's no really usable software like rightmarks audio analyser for the macintosh. To be honest I think I'm the only one at our uni who actually knows what that thing is and how to operate it :green:

I guess I can't really post the magazine article here, it's a really simple circuit using a tiny neutrik trafo (conrad.at #515964 - 62) with a 1:10 ratio. Input Pad using approx. 10k Ohm (depending on interface output). Impedance control is approx. 200 Ohm resistor + 500 Ohm pot in parallel to primaries. Tone + Volume is a standard guitar circuit, with the telecaster "hi frequency bypass" cap on the volume pot - that way you have a lot of tonal possibilities..

Did someone realize the big fat Marshall Amp .....

haha, ah yes, that thing was a present (cool for effects like distorted vocals and such) - but theres a 100W 1959 super lead just right beneath it under the desk :wink:

kind regards
christoph

That is an awesome collection, really impressive builds. I hope to be able to be that neat and tidy one day :grin:

It is so easy to get a build up of projects with all the great stuff on offer on here. I have been going on a similar although far smaller frenzy myself.

I had still to build about 6 weeks ago,

4x Baby Animals - Now done.
Drip LA2A Ver 3 - Stuffed the PCB, waiting for a case.
Sontec EQ - Now done.
Neve 33609 - I'm putting this off until next year as it will be the most expensive to do.
8x S800 EQ - Stuffed, waiting for a case.
Turbo board for the G-SSL - Job for this week!

Hopefully they will all be done by the end of the month except the 33609.

It's a really simple circuit using a tiny neutrik trafo (conrad.at #515964 - 62) with a 1:10 ratio. Input Pad using approx. 10k Ohm (depending on interface output). Impedance control is approx. 200 Ohm resistor + 500 Ohm pot in parallel to primaries. Tone + Volume is a standard guitar circuit, with the telecaster "hi frequency bypass" cap on the volume pot - that way you have a lot of tonal possibilities..

Christoph,

Thanks for the kind words.  I was glad to help and thanks for the business.

I'm seriously thinking about doing the 33609.  How hard was it?  and do you have an idea of how much you spent?
thanks
Gil

Hey Gil,

the build was very easy, Igors boardset has a convenient layout and matches Tats case perfectly. The molex conectors are the only hard work and calibrating takes a bit of time. I paid roughly €750 but using only top quality components (I have Panasonic FC caps + Silver Micas everywhere, a total overkill/waste of money at some points, but I sleep a lot better knowing there's some serious parts in my 33609 :)), Carnhill trannies + Sifam meters. I do mostly rock / guitar heavy stuff and this is my favourite build so far, it sounds just unreal at a few dB of compression, I'd definitely recommend the build!

good luck with it
Christoph

Latest posts

Back