DBX 160XT Input Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sisu MT

I've found the 7 page PDF with the 160XT schemos, but they are missing part of the input power stage. Anyone mind sharing what the specs are on the input transformer? Got a dead one here. Thx!

Input Power transformer, right?

Max clearance is 57 mm by 36 mm.

You do not want the transformer to touch the heat sink and also need to add rubber washers so as to not make it touch bottom and top plate.
Moreover, need to remember that the bottom lid has been designed to slide out sideways.

Several old Behringer units use transformers that look similar and might fit. Specs might differ though. Maybe worth a look ..

Input Power transformer, right?

Max clearance is 57 mm by 36 mm.

You do not want the transformer to touch the heat sink and also need to add rubber washers so as to not make it touch bottom and top plate.
Moreover, need to remember that the bottom lid has been designed to slide out sideways.

Several old Behringer units use transformers that look similar and might fit. Specs might differ though. Maybe worth a look ..
Thanks for the correction, yes, power transformer. DBX was definitely playing some Tetris finding a way to squeeze that thing in sideways and mount it to the side panel. Well noted about using rubber washers and not letting the transformer touch the chassis. I'm going to do some searching for this today and will post links and continue to document the journey 😉

Ah, I was thinking about the 160X. The XT in the later-style case is a nightmare for finding transformers to fit

I should have some 110V ones in my transformer box but shipping & etc will be expensive from the UK

Here's a picture of a 160XT transformer and the metal frame of an old Behringer unit power transformer next to it Almost identical in height, width and depth.

I wouldn't even be surprise these two transformers came from the same factory. Early Behri units are a clone of what?

Attachments

• IMG_20240425_221808~2.jpg
    IMG_20240425_221808~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back