DIY SSL 4000E Mixing Console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes seem the work is well done !
BUT... according to comment in the video this is not a console...but independent channel strip used as HW insert in the DAW

If you look at his older videos you can see the channel strips that were eventually used in side racks. They also aren’t 4k, they are XL channel strips.

I do like the whole setup. Pretty clever. Excellent use of channel strip.

@john12ax7 I believe I am incorrect. I looked up the old XLogic https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/ssl-xlogic-superanalogue-channel and it looks like it has much of the same functionality as shown on the custom console, but arranged very differently.

I'm starting to think that the channel strips are indeed custom. If not custom, then maybe (?) they are the XLogic that have been re-arranged? I'm not really thinking that's the case. By the time SSL put out the XLogic stuff they had pretty much completely changed over to surface mount and fewer daughters boards so it would be difficult to rearrange the sections.

Has anyone reached out to the poster?

I would hope he would be willing to do a little humble-brag on how he built the channels/console.

Back