• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Group buy interest for Reddish 500 EQ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nielsk

I am putting together a group buy for US builders to purchase the parts needed from abroad to build this exciting EQ project .
Please post here if you would like to partake, hopefully there will be enough interest to get some quantity pricing and save a good bit on shipping!
I have managed several group buys here over the years.

The parts that will need to be shipped to the US will be the input transformer and inductors from UTM (& output transformer if you opt for it), metal (powder coated & silk screened front panel, hardware & sled) from Link Audio

UPDATE! Both UTM & Link have quoted excellent prices, and substantial discount on shipping

UTM: (all in Euros)
Input transformer UTM2571: 32.15 ea.
Output transformer UTM3523LP: 23.90 ea.
Inductors:
UTM1543 and UTM1544: 23.10 ea.
Shipping will be approximately 1.00 per item

Link:
15€ for the L-bracket
20€ for the frontpanel
2€ for all screws, standoffs, angled part, and nuts
so 37€ for each set,
Shipping will be approximately 2€ per set

I will begin responding to the commitment PMs with totals and noting who has been billed and who has sent payment
Once all is received I will place the orders and post confirmation.

PLEASE note on your payment your GDIY name!!!
Payment in US dollars please

Please notify me of any issues.

Here is a list of participants:
Me 2 units PM'd confirmed
JMan 8 units PM'd confirmed billed paid
bugfight 2 units PM'd confirmed, with outputs billed
duantro 2 units PM'd confirmed, with outputs billed paid
dmp 2 units PM'd confirmed, with outputs billed paid
oldskool1 7 units PM'd confirmed billed
TimG 2 units PM'd confirmed billed
keninverse 2 units PM'd confirmed, with outputs billed paid
Forcemusicgroup 2 units PM'd confirmed billed
MHanson 4 units PM'd confirmed billed
McCroskey42 2 units PM'd confirmed, with outputs billed paid
31hz 8 units PM'd confirmed, with outputs billed
Martan 2 units PM'd confirmed billed paid
Winetree 2 units PM'd
Materials to outlet 2 units PM'd confirmed billed paid
DSpenceATC 2 units PM'd confirmed billed
Hayes0444 2 units PM'd confirmed, with outputs billed paid
Creature.of.habit 1 unit PM'd confirmed billed paid
Tungstengruvsten 2 units PM'd confirmed, with outputs billed
Shabtek 2 units PM'd confirmed billed
MasterTheSound 2 units PM'd confirmed, with outputs billed paid
BigPauly 2 units PM'd confirmed, with outputs billed paid

Running Total 62
Confirmed 60

I have sent a PM to all interested parties to confirm their order, and will send emails to UTM & Link to confirm final pricing and shipping
I will add (PM'd) to the list when I reach out, if you do not hear from me in the next few days please let me know.

Last edited:
Same if we could do pcb, transformers, panels etc to reduce costs, I’d be in for a pair. Edit: I’m in for a pair/ 2 units.

Last edited:
Same if we could do pcb, transformers, panels etc to reduce costs, I’d be in for a pair
To avoid some confusion: nielsk is setting up a group buy here for the parts that will need to come from the EU, although I'll let him specify exactly what he's planning to include. I have a separate thread where I am taking names for PCBs (I saw your message there and I've added you to the list). I will have PCBs manufactured at the end of the ordering window, and your boards will come from me directly (I'm in the US).

hey Jman, I saw this thread first when I made the comment. I read the pcb thread since and understand now. Cheers.

I'm in Australia rather than USA, but potentially interested if you can swing bulk buy and shipping discounts big enough that it works out cheaper for me to order from you and ship from USA to Australia than for me to put in a small order directly to EU. I'm looking at sourcing 6 units all up on behalf of some other locals. Anyone else in Australia interested?

I’d like to find out how much ballpark the bundle will be. The panel kit from Frank is $130 approx in USA each plus $30 shipping.
With the transformers and inductors ?

But I’m interested in getting costs down on a pair!

Keep in mind that it should be a bit less expensive to get the front panel made with anodized aluminum instead of powder coat. That probably needs to be a discussion between the folks participating in the group buy. Again, if you want to see a comparison of the two, look in the project thread and note the difference between my unit and Herbert's pair.

Depending on pricing, I'll either do 4 or I'll do eight.

O/T & F/P - No preference

Last edited:
I’d prefer powder coated and engraved or silk screened. Love Frank’s work and would prefer that. I’ve had 5 panels made there and love his paint colors. Nice vintage colors.
Collective cases are good, but some of the artwork is a little less cool imo. The prr, pm670,…. I know those are older projects, just saying.
I’m indifferent on utc or cinemag. Both are great.

Latest posts

Back