GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jsteiger said:
toolboxmuziq said:
where can I purchase a kit in the US? I'm in Mississippi!!!!
That would be me! Send me a an email with your requirements along with your full ship to for UPS and we will get the ball rolling. I currently have 3 of PSU cases remaining in stock. Plenty of 511 rack kits though.

jsteiger1965 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Cheers, Jeff
what requirements do you need? I'm kinda new to this project

mitsos said:
hey wait, are the USA racks arrive?
Yes a few weeks ago. You are on my Google sheet. Didn't I send you the link?? I thought you were putting funds together. Maybe I misunderstood. I can ship ASAP Dimitri.  ;)

Jeff i didnt saw them available on your website.
thats why i ordered the rail strips with connectors to diy mine!
Thats cool anyways.

dmp said:
Jeff, do you have psu transformers? The website lists 0 in stock.
I have a few on hand. I have been saving them to go with the cases. I believe I have one that is unspoken for/not allocated right now. My price jumped up terribly on these things so I have not ordered another batch yet. I don't think I am going to either. I will probably just get smaller qty's by buying together with Volker.

Send me an email if you want it. We will handle it manually.

Cheers, Jeff

hey I think I forgot to post... got a package the other day.. lookin good!  I think I have most things except the PSU case and power cable. I thought I had one but it is not 7 conductor. Do you guys have a link to something I can get a few feet of? thanks!

@ 1sound: Seems that mr JBVries were a bit sloppy with his PCBs. I bought a full (Not!) 1176 kit from him but it didn´t contain the main PCB...

Andy

I thought I had one but it is not 7 conductor. Do you guys have a link to something I can get a few feet of? thanks!

I used ethernet (cat-5) for mine and it works great!

Hey are still Full Packages available?

I live in Germany and did send you an email bit no response, id really love to build my own.

Also a Question , perhaps i misread it but how many Racks can one PSU power?

cheers -

yogi

mulletchuck said:
PSU powers a single 11-slot rack.
To be more precise, the 51x PSU kit will power one 11 space rack of 16V modules and one 11 space rack of 24V modules. So, depending upon what you have for modules, you could run 22 of them off of one PSU.

jsteiger said:
mulletchuck said:
PSU powers a single 11-slot rack.
To be more precise, the 51x PSU kit will power one 11 space rack of 16V modules and one 11 space rack of 24V modules. So, depending upon what you have for modules, you could run 22 of them off of one PSU.

If I wanted to get another rack, could I change the resistors on the 24v legs of the PSU to put out 16v and just power another 16v rack?
Or does the trafo output prevent that? I'm using the PSU and trafo in from you Jeff.

Back