GSSL and Crush n Blend Rev. 6

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barthman.de

I built a GSSL Compressor incl. Turbo Board and 2x Super Sidechain, which works perfectly. Now I want to install a wet/dry controller. For this I had circuit boards from the project Crush n Blend Rev 6 made according to the project data available here and integrated the circuit board. The respective wet and dry signal is perfectly present on the circuit board. I use 10 k - dual - linear - pot as controller. The mix control also seems to work in principle.

However, the problem is that the signal is 6dB higher in the middle position than at the wet/dry extremes. The higher signal in the middle position corresponds to the input signal, i. H. actually the wet/dry extremes are 6 dB too quiet.

Does anyone have experience with the Crush n Blend Rev 6? Is this normal (pan law) or is there an error? What can I do to achieve at least an adjustment of the levels as far as possible?

Schem. attached.

Attachments

• CnBSchematicR6V3.pdf
    323.1 KB · Views: 2
6 dB at center position is normal... You have 2 signal in perfect coherence blended so 6dB increase
Hope it helps
Best

I m using a simpler approach and at center there s Sum of course ... But never measured... Maybe 3dB... Not totally sure

Really Don t know if there are any variants... Never tried that design... My approach is similar to a simple pan circuit, but it keeps signal well balanced even at center...
Check gain stages and maybe you can adapt it to your needs
I m still a beginner so I can commit errors
But once saw I dedicated page online about that circuit... Maybe there was a description
Have you checked into MetaGssl also?
Best

Can you simulate it? Try to rise the value before and after the pot of the 4 resistor
Often saw that config using 15k for both ones

Something with quad pots to either simultaneously alter the value (gain) of op amps or bend the makeup gain when dialling wet / dry mix ? Not sure though this would ever yield full (perfect) equilibrium.

i m using the second one... at U4 sum the signal is reduced.... really don t know if it s right to attenuate at that point but the output looks fine
this could be the occasion for me to learn something more about blend control
best

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 10.19.28.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 10.19.28.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 2
Hey, thank you for your good ideas. Those were exactly the two approaches that went through my head last night. But: I found out today that the input for the dry signal is not labeled correctly on the board, i. H. the signal becomes mono in the middle position and adds up to 6 dB. After I corrected this, the level jump is no longer quite as extreme. I think I'll swap the resistors around the pot with 22k trim resistors and try to get the fade to happen more in the mid-range of the knob. The two extremes "Dry" and "Wet" are already available via the bypass and will not be needed via the mix control in practice.

Back