GSSL got a flashing power led?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc Girard

Hello all,

Just finished my 2nd GSSL with real SSL VCAs.  Looked good and all.  When I power up, I get a pulsating power led.  Sounds and looks like it's working OK but the audio chops off too.  Anyone seen that behaviour?  Thanks in advance!

Marc Girard
www.marcgirard.com

I forgot to say:  I havn't installed the 2.2K resistor for the meter, nor the meter itself....  Anyone tried using the GSSL without those components installed?  Thanks in advance.

MG

ummm...power supply issue? That LED is hooked up straight to the 12V rails, the first thing I'd do is look and see if the power pulsates before the 7812, and after which regulators it also pulsates. If it's the 7812, it should only affect the sidechain. Never had the problem before myself, but it has to be the power supply; the meter is just a little dingaling hanging off the circuit.

This is where a little analog multimeter comes in handy, you can watch the needle a lot better than tracing stuff like this with a digital one - how fast does it blink?

Latest posts

Back