GSSL500 pcb

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if jacob & gustav is ok with it, - i´m ok with it!
i will provide the layout file for everyone once it´s tested.

essentially it´s a metal bracket, some screws, some 1/4" standoffs, some nuts & the frontplate. there are a couple of DIY 500 sets around, showing how it could look like.
bear in mind, that the part of the bracket facing the front plate should have the same drillings as the front, and it should align pretty well, so the leds can be mounted properly. also decicions have to be made how to make the stereo link, and how to mount&wire threshold, makeup, bypass and mode.
so there´s some work left to do.
the main pcb is 149mm x 117,2mm (5866.1mil x 4614.2 mil) with the connector included. the metal bracket should be 150mm x 117,2 mm, angled part ~36mm x 117,2mm

i wanted to keep using the lorlin for cost reasons - makes the front layout a bit limited but should work.

:sam:

Looks great. Count me in for a few.

If I can make one suggestion, add solder pads to pins 6 and 11 to hardwire the link switch. API & OSA use pins 6 & 11 respectively for link function.

wait, what do OSA use pin 11 as a link for? they don't have a compressor out yet do they?

i do remember that some early buzz audio compressors used pin 11 as the link, but they later modded them to use pin 6 so that they would be api compatible.

ed

[quote author="edanderson"]wait, what do OSA use pin 11 as a link for? they don't have a compressor out yet do they?

i do remember that some early buzz audio compressors used pin 11 as the link, but they later modded them to use pin 6 so that they would be api compatible.

ed[/quote]

You're probably right, Ed. Maybe someone with an OSA rack can verify.

EDIT: Found the answer. OSA has a link header for both pin 6 & 11.

i´ve got a lot of interesting work recently and i dont find time to finish this.
work left to do:
check the pcb
make a layout/drawing for switches&pots

if you make a 2-slot stereo unit, you can link them internally, so no problem.
for the gssl vs. ssl (aarhus vs. oxford) linking search the forum.
with 1-slot units you have to work on a external linking system, oxford-linking requires a multi-pin connector, and the ratio switches to be "synchronized", see keith´s ultimate gssl thread.

here is the sprint layout file:
gssl500pcb
viewable with the sprint layout viewer

enjoy,

-max

http://www.eisenaudio.com/diy500/kits/minimal/index.html

Ptown

Look at the screws, you will need to have the L bracket to have a beveled hole and use undercut screws for a flush finish so it can slide into the 500 series racks (seen on the 3 holes to mount the PCB) and not have problems with other modules.

Screws, undercut and stuff Mcmaster is pretty competitive
http://www.mcmaster.com

The best price I've found for standoff's is from Fastenal, BTW.
www.fastenal.com
P/N: 0145973
1/4"L x 3/8"W 4-40 $0.15 USD Each in AL

P/N: 0145981
1/4"L x 1/4W 4-40 $0.15 USD Each in AL

Jen had a very good design with his metalwork to keep the cost down. It would be easy to do the same with this project.

Good luck.

Sorry, I might have misunderstood but I thought there could have been some PCB production going on...
in which case I would, of course, been interested.

Mattia.

[quote author="ioaudio"]
i hope gustav can make&sell the pcbs (if you read this please let me know) since i dont wanna make profit from this one.[/quote]

i did the pcb to learn the layout program, i never intended to offer these pcbs.
-max

Back