History..... rhymes?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems extremely clear to me that they are comparing the victim blamers in these situations, not the victims themselves. You don't strike me as unintelligent enough to not see the difference.
Same problem. Provocative attire blamers are wrong and plywood encampment blamers are right. The blamers are as different as the blamees. I won't comment directly on the intelligence required to see this simple fact.

The protestors who were attacked in the middle of the night?
Why were they protesting that late? Aren't protests intended to attract attention? Who's up looking for anything after midnight? "Nothing good happens after midnight" is mostly true.

Well , we certainly saw an attempt to curtail peoples rights to peaceful protest during covid ,
in fact before covid even hit , they tried to criminalise protests online or otherwise against vaccination in many places ,including Ireland , malice aforethaught ?

They way I see it the pharmaceutical industry has been exposed , they tried to dupe the planet into accepting the vaccine for a disease that was created in a lab .
as always in a war type situation , the rich got richer and the poor got poorer due to covid ,
In the end they win anyway , because the conditions under covid caused many to take more meds .

Weather is different , we cant predict it with certainty , what happened due to covid was meticulasly planned and executed ,with malice of forethought .

It seems extremely clear to me that they are comparing the victim blamers in these situations, not the victims themselves. You don't strike me as unintelligent enough to not see the difference.
I didn't expect you to understand the difference between right and wrong. You don't strike me as intelligent whatsoever.

Why were they protesting that late? Aren't protests intended to attract attention? Who's up looking for anything after midnight? "Nothing good happens after midnight" is mostly true.
Speaking of protesting at night, I recall the night over 50 years ago when LBJ announced that he wasn't running for re-election. Not really a protest but a spontaneous celebration as thousands of young people poured out of apartments and headed toward the Boston Commons. I even recall the crowd chant that night "hooray, hooray, LBJ gave up today". This was not late night but definitely late for any organized anti-war (Viet Nam) protest. This was spontaneous and triggered by the evening news. This was a celebration more than a protest.

LBJ's approval was down in the 30s. Nixon the law and order candidate, f'n drafted me. :mad:

JR

====
BTW lets stop the personal ad hominem

Provocative attire blamers are wrong and plywood encampment blamers are right.
I didn't expect you to understand the difference between right and wrong. You don't strike me as intelligent whatsoever.
I do not subscribe to any version of "right and wrong" that puts the violent nighttime attackers at UCLA in the "right" category, which is what john12ax7 was discussing.

BTW lets stop the personal ad hominem

I do not subscribe to any version of "right and wrong" that puts the violent nighttime attackers at UCLA in the "right" category, which is what john12ax7 was discussing.
I do not subscribe to any version where protestors think it's ok to build plywood barriers/encampments.

Nobody said that the violent counterprotestors/agitators were in the right but like john12ax7, you do like to project.

I do not subscribe to any version where protestors think it's ok to build plywood barriers/encampments.

So it's OK to protest, as long as you do it standing up, in the rain? Or even in blazing sunlight? Is it OK to use an umbrella?

How high SPL is allowed and between which hours are we allowed to yell? Or is there no yelling at all in your puritan setup?

It is not important who is protesting, or how. The only important thing is what the protest is about. All the rest utterly unimportant. But hey, go ahead in your own personal delusion that everything is OK in Gaza. Your country just got some harsh words from India. Something about hypocrisy and propaganda...

Nobody said that the violent counterprotestors/agitators were in the right but like john12ax7, you do like to project.

Oh good, more ad hominem.

Since the word is being misued, for clarity:
Project: to wrongly imagine that someone else is feeling a particular emotion or desire when in fact it is you who feels this way

Best of luck with whatever you're going through.

Oh good, more ad hominem.
I think you misunderstand ad hominem. It isn't "anything that hurts your feelings."

Project: to wrongly imagine that someone else is feeling a particular emotion or desire when in fact it is you who feels this way

I understood what it means and agree with fallout regarding his observation. It's obvious.

Best of luck with whatever you're going through.
Watching an incompetent (or malicious) administration destroy our country from within is what we're all experiencing. It isn't pleasant. Worse is to have to endure those defending the destruction.

So it's OK to protest, as long as you do it standing up, in the rain? Or even in blazing sunlight? Is it OK to use an umbrella?

How high SPL is allowed and between which hours are we allowed to yell? Or is there no yelling at all in your puritan setup?

The thing with UCLA is the counter-protesters and police have caused way more violence, chaos, and disruption than the protesters have.

And then there is also this:

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK

It is pointless to engage with someone who is either unwilling or unable to understand what things. It is doubly hilarious for a victim blamer to play the projection card.

Last edited:
www said:
Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, refers to several types of arguments which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

Impugning each other, is not civil discourse.
===
I started this thread because I thought it was an interesting concept to explore (especially this year).

Instead we get childish ugliness.

JR

It seems the internet is being used to piss fuel on the fire in many of these situations where civil disorder threatens to breaks out , often by offshore actors , at least thats what the government here is telling us lately .
Its false flag attack via online platforms .

It seems the internet is being used to piss fuel on the fire in many of these situations where civil disorder threatens to breaks out , often by offshore actors , at least thats what the government here is telling us lately .
Its false flag attack via online platforms .
I remember lots of people of a certain political bent celebrating this use of technology during the "Arab Spring" uprisings. Technology is an amplifier. Social media tech is just a giant social manipulation amplifier anymore which is why free speech should have been protected, even on "private platforms" that are effectively the modern public square. Now we see the results of this poor (intentional) decision.

Biden will lose the election over his unbridled allegiance to Israel. The swing has started.

MSM avoid the subject genocide. But they no longer hide Israel's crimes.

And the Hadj was flooded. Yes, floods in the desert kingdom. Divine intervention? Where's Noah's ark, when you need it?

Agreed on the above AP ,
I think its finally dawning on the populist politicians who courted social media in recent years , this can just as easily be used as a destructive force against them personally or on the macro scale ,to destabilise a country .

Politically ,this side of the Pond ,
things are quite unstable just now ,
First Irelands prime minister resigned last month ,
Now Scotlands leader has thrown in the towel ,
and it looks like the UK leader Rishi Sunak's days are also numbered ,

The over reach to tick all boxes in terms of inclusivity , coupled with inward migration from war torn countries ,the public mood has shifted ,
College cities and towns have a huge diversity , some smaller towns with good civic leadership have opened their doors and welcomed in Ukrainian families , but in other , more rural communities they've set up road blocks/check points and burned facilities destined to house the refugees to the ground before the people arrived .

Back