History..... rhymes?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest news:

IDF BOMBS AID WORKERS 8 TIMES, KILLS 250; US DOCTORS STUCK IN GAZA; BIDEN SENDS WEAPONS...

Israel is prepared to stand alone and call Americas bluff on the witholding of weapons ,
can you imagine if Israel returned the favour and shut down support for US weapons systems ,
its implausible ,
Likewise banking , wall street , the legal profession ,the movies , perhaps more than any country on earth , Jewish money bankrolls the show stateside,
Even if Joe wanted to prevent it , his hands are tied ,
unless he wants a Dr Strangelove style standoff with his generals ,
Israel has the US and UK by the proverbial short n curlies .

Having studied the history of South Africa, Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory has been South African-style apartheid in almost every regard. Israel had ultimate control over almost every aspect of the lives of Palestinian people, from housing to work to movement within and outside of Palestine. Research the history of apartheid in South Africa, and then research the conduct of Israel in its occupation of Palestine even BEFORE Oct 7. As for what Hamas has done, I personally wouldn't call the use of violence as a method of resistance necessarily "warranted", but to say it was unprovoked is patently ridiculous.

This is an excellent infographic from Al Jazeera regarding the Israeli occupation of Palestine which could be used as a starting point: https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2024/israel-occupation-illustrated-guide/

I will also point out this. I am a student at a university which currently has a large and prominent protest encampment. Literally all of the attempts at inciting violence which have occurred at the encampment or the associated protests have been incited by pro-Israel counter-protestors. To say that peaceful pro-Palestine protestors should be threatened with things like "rocks and bricks" etc, as I have heard in this very thread, is pretty horrible IMO and, frankly, given the amount of blab that goes on about "defending our democracy against [woke/left/other buzzwords]" that goes on in other threads, more than a little concerning.

There's another parallel between the USA and Israel. Both countries like to torture people, especially arabs. Israel has several torture sites (confirmed by CNN, Haaretz and Amnesty International). Even the style of torture is the same. I wonder who trained who?

I will also point out this. I am a student at a university which currently has a large and prominent protest encampment. Literally all of the attempts at inciting violence which have occurred at the encampment or the associated protests have been incited by pro-Israel counter-protestors. To say that peaceful pro-Palestine protestors should be threatened with things like "rocks and bricks" etc, as I have heard in this very thread, is pretty horrible IMO and, frankly, given the amount of blab that goes on about "defending our democracy against [woke/left/other buzzwords]" that goes on in other threads, more than a little concerning.

The same over here. Fortunately, a lot of the academic personnel is amongst the protesters. Several research programs have cut all ties with Israeli universities.

Didn’t know that was tough to follow.
I did follow...and it wasn't imo...
Probably a language barrier for some....
Not sure about the others....

I worked with this giant Polish guy in the past and it was getting ready to rain and I said "we can't be D&%King around"...He's like, What did you call me?..scary for a second...lol

If you were following the thread I was facetiously saying maybe give the protesters rocks and bricks.. they were the ones with the plywood, no?

Didn’t know that the sarcasm was tough to follow.
using emoticons :rolleyes: 🤔;) can suggest some amount of humorous intent but it is not fail safe.

These topics are not very funny making humor more difficult.

JR

using emoticons :rolleyes: 🤔;) can suggest some amount of humorous intent but it is not fail safe.

These topics are not very funny making humor more difficult.

JR
Using brains and memories of recent events (mostly peaceful summer of 2020 protests where stacks of bricks and rocks were miraculously pre-placed) is more helpful than trying to explain everything to the nth degree.

Back