Interesting Russian capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="zebra50"]Hi Marik,
Where are these coming from (apart from 'russia')?
Stewart[/quote]

Sorry Stewart,

Missed your question. These were used in ЦКБК 8А5 У1.1 head with УМ51 preamp. If you want I can take pics.

What are the majority of capsules you take apart typically made of? I would love to know!!

Rachel,

It is brass. Of course, it is much easier to machine and cheaper than Nickel.

Hey Marik,

Some of those bits are showing up as question marks on my screen. Are they russian/cyrilic letters?

Pictures! We LIKE pictures.

Stewart :thumb:

[quote author="zebra50"]Hey Marik,

Pictures! We LIKE pictures.

Stewart :thumb:[/quote]

You want pictures? :shock:
OK, here we are, along with some more for your amusement. The mics we are talking about on the left. Pay attention, the PCB is silicon molded--keeps moisture out of circuit. The head assembly is above.

RussianMicsPS.JPG

Here is the link for bigger pic:

http://home.comcast.net/~markfuksman/RussianMics.JPG

Oh man!

Lomo in the middle, old oktava on the right, I don't know the rest.

How is that Lomo? I've been tempted a few times to get one from Michael Vladimirsky because I love the shape, but can never quite stomach the price.

Better pick my tongue back off the desk, stop drooling and start work - It's morning here don't you know. :razz:

Stewart

[quote author="zebra50"]
How is that Lomo? I've been tempted a few times to get one from Michael Vladimirsky because I love the shape, but can never quite stomach the price.
Stewart[/quote]

It is transformerless CF. I don't have a PSU, the trafo might be there. I have never heard this one.

The next to it is actually very interesting--it has two subminiature tubes and two trafos, but it is not stereo. Keef ones said (I did not post pics then) that it might be for noiseless pattern switch. I never seen this one before and don't know its model. No PSU, either. Very good pretendent for rebuilding as stereo. For some reason I don't feel like messing with those, though.
May be nostalgia... :oops:

I have never heard this one

That's sad. We should try to get hold of a PSU so we can clone it.

I like the twin-tube/trafo idea. I might try something like that for my next DIY tube mic.

[quote author="zebra50"]Some of those bits are showing up as question marks on my screen. Are they russian/cyrilic letters?[/quote]
Here are the Cyrilic bits:
Russian.gif

Probabl 'cos I'm on a mac. Oh well.
They are viewable in my browser running on an old version of a dead OS (OS/2), but not on a Mac? Sounds interesting... :green:

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Thanks for that.
I think it all depends on what bits of plug-ins etc you have for your browser. I'm on IE 5 on macOS 9 and just get question marks in place of the cyrillics.
Odd.

Marik said:
Here is another Russian capsule--edge terminated:

RusCapsuleFront.JPG

RusCapsuleRear.JPG

I've recently bought one of these capsules for a project. I believe they were also used in the later revision (nuvistor) version of the Lomo 19A19. I have an Oktava handheld mic which I may use it with... It has only three pins, but I think I may know a way of running a valve circuit out on just three pins. It does already have a three-pin PSU already.

The magic word for balls is "contact".

http://renegadejuggling.com/Web_store/rev3k/index.html

I bought mine from UK and they are 38mm in diameter.

-Jonte

Back