Klark Teknik KT-2A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I mean the pot on the chassi, Pre-Emphasis.

I found a C14 but it’s a 1μF electrolytic so I don’t think the KT-2As components are labeled the same as on the LA-2A schematic but I’m not sure…

Yeah you’re probably right!
I found 3 ceramics which has,47pf and 2x 471pf.

Which is the closest caps I can find to match the LA-2As variable capacitor range.
Did you find if those were it?

Did you find if those were it?
I haven’t actually had the time to test it yet, hopefully I can give it a try this weekend. I reached out to Klark teknik but they couldn’t provide me with a schematic or which capacitors was wich.

Do you happen to have a picture of the PCB underneath as well?
Would be interesting to see if it’s possible to follow the trails.

If the KT2A is anything like the the EQPKT , theres a ton of out of band garbage between 50-100khz from the SMPS , I use 192khz sample rate with REW to look at the output ,
I'm doing a linear off board psu for mine ,

If the KT2A is anything like the the EQPKT , theres a ton of out of band garbage between 50-100khz from the SMPS , I use 192khz sample rate with REW to look at the output ,
I'm doing a linear off board psu for mine ,
I did look at it with the scope and found some but not so much out of band SMPS garbage. Still have the linear PSU on the to do list, but without a schematic of the KT2A it's not so much fun with these high voltages...

Ive been able to look a bit closer at the ht regulator circuit used in the EQP,
both 12ax7 and 12au7 HT rails are derived are after it ,

There doesnt seem to be any regulators on the KT-2 main board so most likely there on the PSU pcb ,
you should be able to check the supply voltages at the 5 pin molex in the middle of the board then you can estimate the total currents .

Back