LOMO Tube Mic Pre, Elevated Filaments?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..you're right, Ian - I just looked it up in datasheet...

What confuses me is that the first batch of the 6N23P I had on hand when designing around it for the G23 were all consistently drawing 600mA at 6V heater, which had me altering the heater supply to accommodate this.. I wonder what they really were then..?  :eek:

/Jakob E.

gyraf said:
..you're right, Ian - I just looked it up in datasheet...

What confuses me is that the first batch of the 6N23P I had on hand when designing around it for the G23 were all consistently drawing 600mA at 6V heater, which had me altering the heater supply to accommodate this.. I wonder what they really were then..?  :eek:

/Jakob E.

I would guess they were 6N1P types. Loads of people sell these (especially on eBay) as equivalent to ECC88/6DJ8 but they are quite different in all respects including heater current.

Cheers

Ian

darn, counterfeited again  :eek:

They were nicely marked 6n23p (in russian, maybe a bit too clearly in retrospect), but sounded quite different from the brand of 6N23P's we ended up using (Voskhod/Rocket). I thought it was between-brand-variation in quality and didn't bother to re-check heater current and all when we found a nice-sounding type..

Buyer be ware..

Any of you have reliable supplier for russian tubes?

/Jakob E.

gyraf said:
Buyer be ware..

Any of you have reliable supplier for russian tubes?

/Jakob E.
As a rule I do not buy NOS tubes except for experimentation. For Russian version of e88CC I use Electro-Harmonix 6922 EH. I have found them to be generally more consistent that the JJ E88CC.

Some years back I did buy quite a few 6N23P on eBay. They all have very hard to read marking on them and so far they have all performed extremely similarly to the ECC88. Maybe the vague writing is a hint of a genuine tube?

Cheers

Ian

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back