MEQ mid-range EQ pultec style (was meq500)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have not given my permission to anyone to copy the design of the opamp pcb. ban?
i´m actually kidding, copy ahead, but i would prefer if you ask me before.
the opamp was a super quick design to fill the unused space from the transformer cutout. today i would make the circuit different.

-max

Hi Max,

I know it was in jest  ;) but as I understood there was no copying involved, just two PCBs from the boardset that were not used by seller so he put them on the Black Market.

Bye,

Peter

Can I run the MEQ500 with the M.NATS JE-990 opamp +/- 18 Volts? And for that matter can I run the MEQ500 at +/- 18 Volts with the stock opamp?

How do these sound and compare to the JLM PEQ-500 or Avedis EM-PEQ 500 series Pultecs? Anyone reviewed this unit properly?

Do you have a full kit requiring no purchase of anything else after? How much to ship to Australia?

This is the mid eq, those are the program eq.  Haven't seen reports of that many actually operational, a full year later.  I haven't done mine yet.  ::)

I have one up and running, at least 95% there, I need a new pot for the high frequency boost. As far as sound goes, it sounds great, though I don't have a real Pultec to test it against. I am still curious about the voltage/opamp thing.

emrr said:
This is the mid eq, those are the program eq.   Haven't seen reports of that many actually operational, a full year later.   I haven't done mine yet.   ::)
What do you mean by mid EQ and program EQ?

if I am not mistaken it's a clone of the Pultec MEQ-5 but with a solid state makeup gain stage and it can fit in a Lunch Box.

Knarleybass said:
if I am not mistaken it's a clone of the Pultec MEQ-5 but with a solid state makeup gain stage and it can fit in a Lunch Box.

That is correct, I have finished my pair & they sound really nice.  I'm not really understanding why people are taking so long assembling these.  They have to be one of the simplest things I've put together recently.

Measuring [ i can't cut or drill straight or even ] the faceplate
and bracket is my hold up
anyone have artwork for it around ?

okgb said:
Measuring [ i can't cut or drill straight or even ] the faceplate
and bracket is my hold up
anyone have artwork for it around ?

Did you try looking at the 1st page of this thread for the artwork ???????  ;)

I had some very nice panels fabricated by a member here.  I have just emailed him so you never know you might find they become available !!

so, any thoughts on the MEQ500 with the M.NATS JE-990 opamp +/- 18 Volts?, do I need to do any modifications to make that work?

Also, can I use a regular 2.2k non reverse pot for the mid cut? will it just work backwards?

Has anyone figured out the bandwidth switches?

drew this while looking at the pcb.  any changes for the JHARDY 990c? seems like it should work ok with that amp....

Attachments

• meq500 amp.gif
    meq500 amp.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 223
So the bypass switch, just wondering how everyone else did it? I read somewhere about using a 3pst switch for each wiper, how would that be connected up? Is it feasible to switch the in +/- to the out +/-, true bypass?

Thanks guys,

Latest posts

Back