Microphone schematics by chat GPT

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah fair, I think our way of life is going to get shook up pretty soon

Panta Rhei.

The only constant is change.

I grew up behind the iron curtain with steam trains and Trabant cars and a big wall between me and the free world. The changes since have been salutary.

Change is good and neccessary. There is nought to fear.

Now the years are rolling by me,
They are rocking evenly,
I am older than I once was
And younger than I'll be,
That's not unusual.
No, it isn't strange,
After changes upon changes
We are more or less the same,
After changes we are more or less the same.

Thor

Last edited:
Yes Thor you and most people on this forum know it failed the task you asked of it, my wife nor 90% of the people out there would not.

Yes. They think it is talking about circuits.

Its more troubling to me that it does not know uts limitations, it tries to bullshit its way through....almost child like...

Or like programmer...

"And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sounds of silence"

Thor

Nope, it CANNOT do that. Yet.

Yet being the key word here. I wouldn’t be surprised if it can in my lifetime. I remember when Siri first came out it seemed pretty useless. Now I use Alexa daily, still not perfect but pretty handy to have. Given another 10 years who knows what it could be capable of?

For now I see it as a more streamlined version of google. Of course there’s a lot of misinformation out there so it’s not a good idea to take everything at face value but that’s the same with any other research, particularly from more unreliable sources.

I don’t think it’s totally unimaginable that over time AI like chat gpt will become more and more accurate and eventually be able to reliably answer questions like yours.

Definitely agree with your comments on change, my point is we’ll likely end up in a more advantageous position if we make an effort to adapt to life with AI and learn to take advantage of it.

Maybe your expectations are too high or maybe you have enough knowledge of electronics that it’s not super helpful to you just yet. I found it pretty handy for helping me find different equations but these would probably be pretty basic questions for an engineer.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
Final.scene with replicant dying in Bladerunner😢

So really it looks like its capable of no more than very poor plagarism at best ,
a word spinner/jumbler , it doesnt know anything about circuits , it just tries to grab the keywords and tart them up so they sound fancy ,
Havent politicians been doing the same to us all along and we believed them ?
they beat around the bush but never answer the question directly.

Social media is the real A.I. elephant in the room .
Its a bit like Z/Borg has made us into a game of Lemmings ,

Last edited:
What would you expect since it's been fed with data from the net? There simply isn't that much good information about electronics on the net.
I sometimes like to watch vids about cars. Same thing. There are these rare pearls, but most of it is junk. Cooking, same thing. Etc. Garbage in, garbage out.

But let it see the connections in the massive DNA database (no junk) and you get immediate results that are correct.

This is my point, it’s effectively a really streamlined version of google. I’m all for it, way more efficient. If you’re able to think critically and verify the answers you get it’s a pretty useful tool.

Last edited:
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
Final.scene with replicant dying in Bladerunner😢

I was at Tannhäuser gate. Just kidding.

I was lugging a rifle in places I think we're worse than Tannhäuser gate. BTB.

ChatGPT is not AI.

Thor

Also wouldnt the fact that its flawed and imperfect make it more human like....??

No, because it's flaws are down to shoddy programming.

It is human like only because it was created by programmers who prefer juggling their loblox (as we say on planet anagramia) over writing code.

Mind you, it will make a great politician, lawyer, advertising executive and second hand car salesman.

Thor

I hear you brother and I can relate...
Did a stint in the South Arican Defence Force serving the Apartheid regime(not by choice).
Had the pleasure of some dealings with East German E/W units as a Infantry Signalr who were VERY effective in locating our units in Angola...
I still have an East German falling Rain cammo jacket I bartered from a fellow for 24 beers and 2 cartons of smokes😅

Anyway it was all for naught, all for scumbag politicians who would sell their mothers...
If we could find a truly superintelligent "AI" that is truly benevolent with no programmer bias, I for one would prefer to be ruled by it than the flawed human political class who lord over us have now...

No, it's not.

Google is better.

Thor

Haha I feel like we’re probably not going to end up completely agreeing with each other 😅 That’s not to say I disagree with everything you’ve said, but I gather we’ve both and quite different experiences in life leading to us both having different opinions. The whole reason I joined this conversation was to gain insight from people more informed than me. I’m totally open to some healthy debating.

For me Chat GPT for quick answers and google for more extensive research/verifying doesn’t seem like the worst thing.

If we could find a truly superintelligent "AI" that is truly benevolent with no programmer bias, I for one would prefer to be ruled by it than the flawed human political class who lord over us have now...

Not a bad point, I feel like a lot (or most?) of the problems in the world today relating to politics come down to human nature tainting ideologies that would otherwise work on paper.

I recently fired the Amah and Pool maintenance guy. Save money, times are not exactly abundant.

I asked ChatGPT how much chlorine my pool needs each month. It was wrong. Google was right. Simple.

Thor

Haha fair play.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back