Needing closest parts for Rebuilding a tube U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy a body from Flea to use with the headbasket. I can't see the finish of the headbasket but if it's matte you should aim for short body otherwise go with long body.
Hi Tomas,
Thanks for the tip on Flea's U47 mic body. This mic body is 168 mm from the bottom of the headbasket to the end of the tube. There's an end cap that screws onto the bottom of the housing tube that extends an additional 5 mm past that. The headbasket is a matte black. I'll find out what size Flea's bodies are.

Hi Tomas,
Thanks for the tip on Flea's U47 mic body. This mic body is 168 mm from the bottom of the headbasket to the end of the tube. There's an end cap that screws onto the bottom of the housing tube that extends an additional 5 mm past that. The headbasket is a matte black. I'll find out what size Flea's bodies are.
Has it been painted? The U47FET exist in a dark finish but they don't have the pattern selector switch. If you buy new hardware from Flea you will have to rebuild the whole microphone. I don't know if that was you plan to begin with.

“You're joking, right?”

No I have switch them record them switch them record and switch them many pieces and brands and compare. It costs me weeks . Just like switching silver wires / copper and stranded vs hole wiring.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back