neumann v475 pimping ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Addendum:This seller carries such a switch (without resistors),look:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4P-24-Step-Rotary-switch-Attenuator-Volume-Control-DIY-/260693714311?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb28e6587

What I can't see is if it has a stop pin somehow...

best,

Udo.

Great work Udo. And such an easy RE network using one Siemens for L and one for R.
And I love the 13 channels  8)
Now try this with SubD25  ;D

Don't use that "stepped" pot. Those switches can be found "naked" cheap.

The formula is in the C data sheet. I used it roughly but measured and selected at the end.
Absolute values are not so important, but make sure to closely select each quad, or use 0,1% resistors.

Hi Volker,

yes,that's what I felt about this chinese stuff.I used MPRs btw.

About the 13th channels:Yes.they are wired with REs too,but atm I seriously think about shorting the 13th channels Rs out.Why?To get direct bus access so I can add more inputs if needed,would be cool I think,no?
I have 24 outs from my RME stuff,but now I think about having some returns,e.g. my 480L and others  8)

Cheers,

Udo.

Thanks guys! I don´t think the chinese one has a stop pin. maybe I´ll stick with the lorlinh and have only 3 Positions...

Hi Martin,
absolutely,I even think a gain switch is not really necessary,you will fine-tune it in your DAW anyway.

Personally I made it just for pleasure,gave me a lot of relaxing time,I like that,and I had all that stuff at home.
So I thought "why not do it",hahaha ;D

Volker really triggered something in me,I'm full of ideas about these modules now and might get some more of them if all goes well.Maybe a sort of subgrouping system,e.g. 8 bus in 2 mainbus or so,accompained by a relay-based insertmatrix........?Hell,nice dreams!

Best,

Udo.

mrcase said:
Thanks guys! I don´t think the chinese one has a stop pin. maybe I´ll stick with the lorlinh and have only 3 Positions...
Martin,

if you want to go "my way":Reichelt has Takamisawa relais for a just 99 cents,look for the blue "RY"-series.
They are a tad bigger than my Omron types but have nearly the same technical specs.And easier to assemble due to the higher solderpin pitches.As you can see there's still a lot of real estate in my build.
Add a 12-pole Lorlin for switching and you're done.This is way cheaper than an audiograde Elma & Co.with 4 wafers.
22 relais,1 Lorlin and a pcb ("Lochraster") will end up at around 30 to 35 Euros,except of the (MPR)-resistors.
If you like it don't forget fallback diodes.The relais will fit on a standard Eurocard pcb (160 x 100 mm).

Just a thought.....

Udo.

Hello
I've just finished my 16x2 summing box . and everything works .
Thanks to Volker for pospsu .
The only question I have left , how do I set the volume settings. the v472 2c card is currently set to a 4dB . can I make it up without install a gain potie ? it is the r10 and r 110 trimmer ?

greetings

Hello everybody,

i've bought a 475-2c from Springair and changed my old 475-2A with it. Because the 2c sounds dull, I've removed the MO-12 board and put the jumpers in it, but without success. The 2c sounds the same, there is no noticable difference before and after. Do you know what this could be? The unit is not yet recapped, could this cause such a problem?

Greets, Daniel

Attachments

• Spectrum_475-2C.png
    Spectrum_475-2C.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 32
[silent:arts] said:
this is exactly the way I would do it.
and this should (will) work hum free.

Dear Sir,
  I am still asking the unbalance input and output just ensure I am fully understand you are talked. Please help check.
1. connect 8a to unbalance + pin
2. connect 8c to unbalnce ground pin
3. connect 12a to unbalance + pin
4. connect 12c to unbalance ground pin

keep the V475-2C ground as floating. Is that correct?

Any comments will be great appreciate.

No. You build your summing box balanced like expected.
You need all tose RE resistors connected to 8a and 8c.
Than you connect all your unbalanced gear the same way you would connect it to any other transformer balanced gear.

Hello Daniel,

to me it doesn't look like the amps cause this issue,it's most unlikely both sound dull.
I have several of them,none of them is dull but very clean and wide open sounding.
Don't know how you made this measurement,did you take it with anything in front and output connected?

Best regards,

Udo.

focusonsound said:
Hello everybody,

i've bought a 475-2c from Springair and changed my old 475-2A with it. Because the 2c sounds dull, I've removed the MO-12 board and put the jumpers in it, but without success. The 2c sounds the same, there is no noticable difference before and after. Do you know what this could be? The unit is not yet recapped, could this cause such a problem?

Greets, Daniel

No. You build your summing box balanced like expected.
You need all tose RE resistors connected to 8a and 8c.
Than you connect all your unbalanced gear the same way you would connect it to any other transformer balanced gear.

thank you so much

Hi every Makers !

Could you show me some links for gain pot ?
And what are the resistors needed ? Sould I choose some resistors between 0 Ohm and 13kOhm and inf Ohm ?

Thank's !!

Hi Silent Art,

I'm making a summing mixer with the V475-2C board.
I have some crosstalk between L and R because of my resistors board. L/R on the same board.
I see that on your build you have 2 resistors board, is that to avoid this crosstalk ?

Thank you for you answer !

Thank's.
Yes, as you say it may help to avoid crosstalk.
Because I tryed to wire directly to the board with shielded wires
and there is no crosstalk at all.
BTW on Vintagemaker builds all inputs are on the same board.
I don't know what to think about that...

I made 2 resistors boards and no crosstalk at all !
But the 2 boards are very close.
Just need to split the L from R even on the same board I think.

Soon I'll post my build pics !!

I HAD to finish this project today:
475.jpg

the back:
475_back.jpg

inside:
475_inside.jpg

Do you have a schematic??....
Opacheco

Hi Silent:art,

I still have some crosstalk...  :-\ :-\
I'm wondering if it is a normal crosstalk or not ?
For example I plug only a mono signal in a Left input and I hear it in the Right ouput !
It is very low but it is...
Could you try with yours if you have something similar please ?

Thank's for your help.

Latest posts

Back