Only L (and not R) working from my Tac Scorpion

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bananahead

So, I traded an AML-modded Tac Scorpion and a box of spares for some other stuff. Hooking it up I only hear sound coming from the L output. Bus 1-8 is working fine but nothing from R. Not from the phones output(s) and not from the XLR in the back. 2-4-6-8 bus out meters are showing signal going to R but the R master output looks funky. every other LED is dead while the next one is lit, sound or no sound.
And speaking of phones - shouldn't the phones output be regulated by the monitor or master fader? It isn't. Only way is to lower the volume at the input fader.

I have switched around the ribbon cables and even tried another S4000 master channel but the same problem continues to raise its ugly head, which should mean the problem isn't in the S4000 strip itself, right?
Could it be the fader? I have lifted the panel and all solders look perfect.....but there could of course be a faulty cable leading to the 4-pin molex.
Any suggestions?

Hey there, did you ever figure this out? I recently recapped my master channel and thought I was having the same problem, but it turns out once it all heated up nicely it worked perfectly. I'm having a similar problem with my channel 10. The output is really low, I've tried different s1000 channels in the same spot and they all behave the same. Thinking about swapping the ribbon. If that doesn't work, the fader is next.

The ribbon wires often are a problem. You could try to reseat it in it´s Molex connector. Same apllies to the fader Molex, sometimes these loose contact, too.

Back