SE Electronics Z3300a

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could replace the R source for the jfet to run with less current : which value ? It seems that the MOD body is a little bit warm than the ORIG body (as I can feel with my fingers) but it's really so little warmth, just a tiny difference
between 1.7...1.9k, listens in headphones, shouts, screams loudly, sings, talks. Repeat several times and measure.
Choose the vibe you like best.
More musical.
❗it doesn't matter if the output volume drops a little more

I have between 4...7 microphones of the same model, from
Studio Projects, B2-pro, B1, t.bone, Rode, fame etc.
They all sound different (sound and volume) and measure differently in all points.
Basically, I do NOT have a matched pair😂
my 2 are very closed ! as far as I can settle the same input gain with the knob... (I could invert the XLR to check the difference) I would say 1dB

I've learned a lot with you ! ;) it's really nice people like you takes times and patience to "drive" an inexperienced guy like me (y)(y)(y)(y)

I think we're done with these mics filled by original caps ! next step Arienne !
(I will put 1,5KΩ Fet source and that's all)
THANKS +++++ Micolas !
Check with the Arienne capsules which side is more sensitive, front, back.
In the less sensitive microphone, put the capsule that delivers more signal for an even better fit. Anyway, Front/Cardioid, is the most used.

Next step : record a sound file in stéréo XY and in Omni with the originals capsules and then change them for Arienne and record in same conditions the same sound file to compare

Latest posts

Back