SE Electronics Z3300a

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, for what I am concerned, I'm about to leave this "voltage part" and go now for Fet biasing... ?

Did you not put Monacor in both microphones?
yes That's the reason why I called the original Orig-mod (only because of the transformer Monacor and except that everything is original in it)
SORRY NO : R10 has been taken of so now Fet R source is 1,8KΩ (instead of 1,8K + 3K)

ORIG Fet biasing has already been done...
The audio level has been set (samrtphone output) just before the Mic In Edirol begins to clip

Attachments

• SC1100 Orig-modif.jpg
    SC1100 Orig-modif.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 0
And... I can't do the biasing with the Presonus because it's installed not closed to my Mac so I have to use Edirol... or I got to move my Mac and all my stuff to the Presonus... but in that case the values will be different from the ORIG that have been done on the Edirol

Correct jFET BIAS:
The largest amplitude without limitation, distortion,
Equal half-sinusoids
For each microphone you will probably find a different optimal source resistor and differences between the maximum input voltages and distortion.

is it 2vpp or 4vpp ?
is this level correct with you ?

Attachments

• SC1100 Orig-modif.jpg
    SC1100 Orig-modif.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 0
Ok for Edirol...
So I replace the 1,8KΩ installed by a VR10KΩ pre-settled at... 2KΩ ? and I bias more or less depend on the scope, right ?
Do I connect my 10nF (from smartphone) after the 1nF, direct on Jfet gate ?

before going any further, I measured with the R 1.8KΩ in place and I noticed certain things...
to prevent the Mic input of the sound card from saturating (there is a clip-LED) I have to lower the output of the smartphone quite a bit (even with gain pot. full CCW) , but it still shows me 105dB input level in REW so I think it's a decent level (?)
since I don't have a good grasp of REW, what I see in the sine-wave represents 2.5 squares at the top and 2.5 squares at the bottom of 0v: what is the peak-to-peak voltage that I measure?
when it says 2v on the scale, is it +2v <> -2v or is it +1v <> -1v?
and what do you think of the tension oI get ? whether it is 2Vpp or 4Vpp
the spectrum analysis of 1kHz / of pink-noise / the sine wave with 1kHz

Attachments

• 1kHz spectrum.jpg
    1kHz spectrum.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Pink-noise spectrum.jpg
    Pink-noise spectrum.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 0
  • sine-wave.jpg
    sine-wave.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 0