Should I?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As soon as time permits, I'll upload something punchy. But remember my 660 is mono, so if you want stereo I'll have to use the 670 type.

analag

if your prototype version of what's being sold now is mono, that's fine.

I plan on building a stereo unit, for flexability, and cause I may as well make 2 things in one box as make one, but expect most of the time I'd be using it mono, dual mono, or maybe run in series...

Almost all the best synths ever made have just mono out (not that I own most of the best synths ever made... yet.) and I'm more into synths than anything else.

Actually, if you happen to run any analogue monosynths or old drum machines through a 660, with a comparison unprocessed file, that would really suit me! - but I assume I'm a minority with the kind of thing I'd want to run through it, so any kind of source would be very cool to hear.

Any source would be cool to me, just to get some inspiration going and hear some of the compression characteristics.

Thanks!

/J

Hi,
I had a very nice meeting, to be precicely, a POOR MAN BETA TESTER meeting with Volker in Berlin. Look, what a nice present he made for me ..
Thanks a lot Volker! Rowan, I like to be powered by you :green:

Poor_Man_005.jpg

Poor_Man_006.jpg

:green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :thumb: :guinness: :guinness: :sam: :sam:
regards
Bernd

Nice Shirt! And Pm670 too!

Thats almost the exact same panel layout that i have on my frontpanel ive been tinkering with today.

What are the controls on your unit?, i might have missed one, i only have 3 knobs per channel right now.

Input gain, treshold, and time constant.

Did i miss anything?
/J

[quote author="bernbrue"]
Poor_Man_005.jpg

Poor_Man_006.jpg
[/quote]

ah, I see it fits - great :green:
I will try to license this shirt to Peter Hartz

[quote author="Jonkan"]What are the controls on your unit?, i might have missed one, i only have 3 knobs per channel right now.

Input gain, treshold, and time constant.

Did i miss anything?[/quote]
nope.
in a stereo unit a link switch makes sense.
you can believe in bypass or not, personally I believe in "compression on" buttons :green:

Dude , put your pants back on , no one needs to see that ,

Actually because of your avatar i assumed you were older

Comp looks great and the t-shirt works as well
thanks for your part in this all !

the 4th control output ?

Hi,
in fact I haven´t finished the unit yet. At the moment I´m soldering the rotary switches and I can tell you it´s really hard work. I still have to tidy up the wiring, do the final measurements and calibration. I´m very busy in my job at the moment and the transformer group buy makes a lot of work as well. Will be away for a few weeks and continue the project in August. When everything is done, I´ll post final pics.
regards
Bernd

[quote author="okgb"]Dude , put your pants back on , no one needs to see that ,
[/quote]

okgb, what's a matter, haven't you seen any shorts in your Canadian frozen north before? :grin:

Bernd, good job, thanks for helping us all out and sharing!

:guinness:

Back