Sound Skulptor: Pre's, Compressors, Tape Simulator, Professionnal Audio Kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine a few months ago so I suspect I have much newer firmware. I can't wait to build one of these remotes. How long is the cable it comes with?
The supplied one is 3m,but you can extend if you use passive cables.Remember this is not a USB- but RS485-protocoll,so it should go really long.

Best,

Udo.

Hey, clicked on the link in the first post and it appears that the site is down (website URL returns a "site is parked" page). Just wanted to let you know in case this is something other than scheduled maintenance.

Really excited for the SK49!

Hello Jean-Pierre,

I hate doing this, but is there an eta for the SK49 project?
And reading the capsule is from Arienne Audio,will it be the "flat K47"?

Best regards,

Udo.

We are only waiting to receive the packing foams that will allow us to ship the mic kits.
Maybe this week if we are very lucky. Worst case: shipping on January 8.
Yes, "flat" 47.

Last edited:
...and a question about the microphone build.
Studying the wonderful(!) assembly manuals I found that cleaning the mic pcb by completely immersing it in IPA (99%)-so with all parts soldered- should be done.But I have read somewhere that Styroflex caps don't like this....?
Some people say they can be damaged, others say there's no harm at all...... so the opposite....
At least I have never found a final answer to it.That´s why I ask how to do it, better safe than sorry.

Thank you in advance,

best regards,

Udo.

Hello everybody.
I've finished the SK49 microphone build now.Jean-Pierre was so kind to send the kit super-fast so I was able to start building and let it burn-in.
All went very well and easy, given one keeps the workspace clean and handles the delicate parts like capsule and the high-impedance area with the caution they need.
Beware of the weight of the microphone, including the supplied shock mount it adds up to roughly 1,2 kilograms! It is a monster! Saying do not use cheap mic stands, use heavy studio types.The look is great btw.
I will have it in the studio next week or so.What I heard so far while quickly checking all functions in my workshop just with my own voice was great, and I'm excited to have it at better test conditions and recordings in the studio.
That's it for now, a big thank you to Jean-Pierre and his team for another awesome project!

I wish you all a happy new year (6 hrs to go here in germany),peace and tons of health,
best regards,
Udo.

Latest posts

Back