• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Soundcraft B100 8 channel modular mixer/ CPS-150 PS/ ship wolrdwide

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L´Andratté

Selling this one as it was my backup unit, which I don´t really need, I have another one I wouldn´t part with ;)

This one is the really-well-engineered-and-Made in Great Britain kind of little mixer. It comes with six Mic/line preamp channels, two stereo input channels and a useful mastering/monitoring module. Everything is modular and very accessable, the whole circuitry is as simple as possible without compromising the sound quality (good!) and the chassis you could probably drop from the eight floor window without harm...

Comes with full original documentation in a folder. This includes circuit descriptions, full schematics, PCB layouts and list of all components.

The mic-channels are based on Douglas Self´s "Padless Microphone Preamp", transformerless applying two 2SD786 large geometry differential transistors, which are really low noise. The sound is very clean, but never sterile or boring, rather quite punchy and defined. IMHO.
Has all the usual suspects like phantom, phase, high-pass, sweepable mids, etc.
Inserts can be used as Direct Outs.
All channels are working. Faders are sealed Sellmark high quality conductive plastic.
Comes with 2 spare stereo channels.

Master section has a few quirks, there´s distortion in the monitor output, sounds like failed opamp or electrolytic. Nothing grave. One Aux return doesn´t work properly.  Row of additional holes drilled in the backplate for direct outs, you could easily implement that, I didn´t see a use for that with the inserts already there...
Stereo out works, level meter, phase meter, oscillator, talkback, all working.
The power supply has a little hum (not that bad, but it needs to be mentioned).

Looking at 250 EU+ shipping, because of the quirks (that can easily be fixed mostly), this is a top sounding little console, a real sleeper it seems, they don´t come up that often. Perfect for small recording project.

Attachments

• _DSC0271.JPG
    _DSC0271.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 51

Latest posts

Back