the Poor Man 660 support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="noulou"]They're the same[/quote]

Well, I know they're listed as substitutes. However, I'd like to be able to validate how close they are to each other. The data sheets I've seen aren't exactly the same for the two - even for a given manufacturer.

I'm confused with these wima values , is their some kind of chart that i could look at to pick an equivalent value from. I fear i am wasting money.

bless up

ska1

It's cool to find as much as possible substitutes :grin: So, I ask again (since I still don't have a schemo and don't have a clue about) is it possible to substitute 2N6107 with BD244B or BD244C ?

[quote author="skal1"]every thing i see at maplins ends in pf

skal1[/quote]

You won't find much at maplins for this project (and many others) !
Try farnell.com and rswww.com. These 2 suppliers will stock most bits you want such as resistors, caps semis etc. The BIG red wimas are at mouser or I think Volker said Conrad had them
Have you downloaded the parts lists from page 1? Most of the supplier codes are there

Hope this helps :thumb:

[quote author="skal1"]every thing i see at maplins ends in pf

skal1[/quote]
Will you be confused if I tell you that I'm 1830mm tall ;-)

[quote author="mikeyB"][/quote]

You won't find much at maplins for this project (and many others) !
Try farnell.com and rswww.com. These 2 suppliers will stock most bits you want such as resistors, caps semis etc. The BIG red wimas are at mouser or I think Volker said Conrad had them
Have you downloaded the parts lists from page 1? Most of the supplier codes are there

Hope this helps :thumb:

SKAL1

[quote author="synthi"]what about 6BQ7 (or 6BQ7A)? google shown this as a 6BC8 sub and I have some lying around...
[/quote]

I'm looking at the curves for the 6BQ7 and the 6BC8, and it looks like they're somewhat different. You may have to play with the operating points to get it to work the way you want.

[quote author="kafka"][quote author="synthi"]what about 6BQ7 (or 6BQ7A)? google shown this as a 6BC8 sub and I have some lying around...
[/quote]

I'm looking at the curves for the 6BQ7 and the 6BC8, and it looks like they're somewhat different. You may have to play with the operating points to get it to work the way you want.[/quote]
Will be nice if Analag can put that in the simulator :wink:

Back