The real attack on Democracy.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to use my brain when reading your folderol to compensate for you not using your brain when writing. As usual, a conservative who expects someone else to do the heavy lifting for him.

Whatabout, whatabout, whatabout. Does it never stop?
come on be nicer....

Why does everything have to degenerate into personal attacks (rhetorical, don't answer)?

JR

It's People of NY v. Trump day today!

And of course it started out with right wing talking heads asking for people to commit felonies:

Clay Travis said:
If you’re a Trump supporter in New York City who is a part of the jury pool, do everything you can to get seated on the jury and then refuse to convict as a matter of principle, dooming the case via hung jury. It’s the most patriotic thing you could possibly do.

Last edited:
I'm not going to use my brain when reading your folderol to compensate for you not using your brain when writing. As usual, a conservative who expects someone else to do the heavy lifting for him.

Whatabout, whatabout, whatabout. Does it never stop?
You can't acknowledge the MSM failures on actual issues that matter. That says a lot about you, not me. I'm an independent who was left (pun intended) by the Democrat party some 12-15 years ago when they lost their collective (pun intended) minds. You seem to be one of them. Open your eyes.

You can't acknowledge the MSM failures

Was that what I was talking about? No. I was talking about your goading me to admit to a logical fallacy when you yourself committed several in your own post. I have no interest in admitting or even considering a fallacy on my part when accused by someone who never acknowledges his own fallacious arguments. You have set the rules; I simply play by the same ones you do.

As to acknowledging MSM failures, I have noted repeatedly here that I have major issues with the MSM. For all your supposed failures of the MSM, I can come up with at least as many from the leftward side of things. And so what? The MSM has its own interests. So why do people on the right insist on calling it the "liberal" media? When you do that, you're misrepresenting both liberals and the MSM (which, frankly, is probably the intent.)

EDIT: I've said it before & will say it again: changing your way of thinking doesn't mean you were wrong then and are right now. The pointless personal stories you tell to justify your opinions aren't swaying me, or probably anyone else here, at all.

Last edited:
Was that what I was talking about? No. I was talking about your goading me to admit to a logical fallacy when you yourself committed several in your own post. I have no interest in admitting or even considering a fallacy on my part when accused by someone who never acknowledges his own fallacious arguments. You have set the rules; I simply play by the same ones you do.
You're lost.

As to acknowledging MSM failures, I have noted repeatedly here that I have major issues with the MSM. For all your supposed failures of the MSM, I can come up with at least as many from the leftward side of things. And so what? The MSM has its own interests. So why do people on the right insist on calling it the "liberal" media? When you do that, you're misrepresenting both liberals and the MSM (which, frankly, is probably the intent.)
The bias is 90% one direction. That's why it's labeled that way by people who see it. It was only recently that any of them acknowledged the clear decline in Biden's mental faculties that were obvious in 2019. Just one example.

EDIT: I've said it before & will say it again: changing your way of thinking doesn't mean you were wrong then and are right now. The pointless personal stories you tell to justify your opinions aren't swaying me, or probably anyone else here, at all.
I don't expect to fix every problem or illogical brain. That idealism of youth was replaced with pragmatism long ago. What effect my posts have or don't is what it is and your opinions won't stop me from posting.

As we edge closer to WWIII than at any time since 1962, maybe a little reflection on how our "adults" have made it worse would be in order. And that includes the neoconmen.

Low energy Don:
Sleepy Don?

giphy.gif

You have a choice between a high functioning narcissist psycho and someone who needs adult diapers in case they fall down and shit themselves in public as your leader ,
America is mentally enslaved by its two party electoral system ,
Yet many believe its the flag bearer and premier nation of the so called free world ,
catch 22 , actually your getting fucked either way . .

You have a choice between a high functioning narcissist psycho and someone who needs adult diapers in case they fall down and shit themselves in public as your leader ,
America is mentally enslaved by its two party electoral system ,
Yet many believe its the flag bearer and premier nation of the so called free world ,
catch 22 , actually your getting fucked either way . .
Looking for a house on Craggy Island... it'd have to be less nutty than the situation I've got here.

Ireland has many islands around the coast , most of the bigger ones are populated ,
visiting one is very much like stepping back in time ,
Theres very often rivalries over funding allocations which lead to rifts among the locals .

Theres no police stationed on the islands , so they drive around in old bangers, not owned by anyone , no tax no insurance and sometimes no proper brakes , if the cops are coming people know in advance , the cars are loaded up on the ferry , taken out to deeper water , and sunk down to depth .

There is no closing time in pubs on the islands as theres no one there to police the situation .
Cape Clear and Sherkin are the two nearest me , to outsiders and visitors it seems idylic ,
but bubbling below the just below the surface can be all kinds of complexities .

There is a few Americans got out of the rat race and have made Cape Clear their home , mostly writers and musician types ,
http://capeclearisland.ie/FoodAndDrink

https://www.thewrap.com/npr-senior-editor-op-ed-political-bias-reactions-uri-berliner/

This guy is still working there (for now?).

Juan Williams was fired by NPR in 2010 for being too conservative. Juan was not conservative, so this NPR editor guy is toast. If this isn't fake news. NPR's top news executive defended their journalism, so this appears to be real.

JR
The senior editor at NPR who criticized the organization for lack of political diversity has been suspended.

Juan Williams was fired for less. So we'll see.

JR

Juan Williams was fired for less.
Seems like he did actually violate the terms of his employment with NPR. I had almost completely forgotten about that kerfuffle from 14 years ago. Republicans have a long memory for every slight (real or imagined), it would seem, while they conversely are more than eager to dismiss even the most egregious transgression from their side.

Ireland has many islands around the coast , most of the bigger ones are populated ,
visiting one is very much like stepping back in time ,
Theres very often rivalries over funding allocations which lead to rifts among the locals .

Theres no police stationed on the islands , so they drive around in old bangers, not owned by anyone , no tax no insurance and sometimes no proper brakes , if the cops are coming people know in advance , the cars are loaded up on the ferry , taken out to deeper water , and sunk down to depth .

There is no closing time in pubs on the islands as theres no one there to police the situation .
Cape Clear and Sherkin are the two nearest me , to outsiders and visitors it seems idylic ,
but bubbling below the just below the surface can be all kinds of complexities .

There is a few Americans got out of the rat race and have made Cape Clear their home , mostly writers and musician types ,
http://capeclearisland.ie/FoodAndDrink
Sorry, I thought Craggy Island and Father Ted would ring a bell. That does sound like a dream, though!

Seems like he did actually violate the terms of his employment with NPR. I had almost completely forgotten about that kerfuffle from 14 years ago. Republicans have a long memory for every slight (real or imagined), it would seem, while they conversely are more than eager to dismiss even the most egregious transgression from their side.
Do you think 87 democrats and 0 republicans on NPR's staff is diverse?
===
I wasn't thinking about Juan Williams, but see him kicking around fox as one of the sundry democrat political analysts on staff. This recent NPR embarrassment made him momentarily relevant again. Sorry if this triggers you to attack Juan all these years later.

Berliner's resigned from NPR today. I wonder if he ends up at Fox also? At least Fox has a better ratio than NPR. 🤔

I guess NPR is now 86-0. ;)

JR

Sorry if this triggers you to attack Juan
Unlike some people around here, I actually took my time to research the matter when I was a little unclear on details. I had put that story completely out of my mind, so I took the time to look it up before I commented. My post may indicate that I don't trust your sources of information, but that kind of goes without saying, doesn't it?

Latest posts

Back