Visual Check before I turn it on - Mnats 1176 Rev D

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mac said:
Hey Kingston,
Can you recommend a good free software signal generator also?? I am assuming I would need two PC's and soundcards to have one produce appropriate test signals and one with the voxengo fft plugin to analyse what my 1176 is doing?? Yes?? or did I misunderstand???

cheers,
Mac.

you need a 1Khz sine wave sample like this one http://www.freesound.org/tagsViewSingle.php?id=6893, a fft meter and a tracker/sequencer. Just put the 1Khz in a track and send it through one of your soundcard output to the 1176. Then put the output of the 1176 to one input on the soundcard and monitor this input with a scope inserted in.
I hope it's clear enough
Julien

I have made some minor updates to the Mnats Rev D Version 2.2 Parts List with links that I used for this build if anyone wants a copy. Its been saved under Word 1997-2003 document so that you can edit it to your liking. Both links are the same document except I have a zipped version incase one link is corrupt.

Exel BOM List

PLEASE CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT THIS LIST IS APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR NEEDS

hey doit,
all good. 1176s are all sweet, onto other things now - some GSSL and racking channel strips  ;D

I right clicked and doc saves OK but doc doesnt open says it is corrupt?

Mac

mac said:
hey doit,
all good. 1176s are all sweet, onto other things now - some GSSL and racking channel strips  ;D

I right clicked and doc saves OK but doc doesnt open says it is corrupt?

Mac
O.K., Il save it in an old Word format. Im using Word 2007.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Thats pretty quick Mac! Well done mate.

Back