What are you using your D-AOC on? Switchable transformers?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Silvas, I am interested in you Solen 22uf comment. Did you sub in the .1 Ero's??
Thats a pretty big change isnt it? ( I assume you mean in the 10uf output cap position).

I only ask as I have a few different options for the output caps to try once I get mine up and running. I was interested in your results...

Mac

mac said:
Hey Silvas, I am interested in you Solen 22uf comment. Did you sub in the .1 Ero's??
Thats a pretty big change isnt it? ( I assume you mean in the 10uf output cap position).

I only ask as I have a few different options for the output caps to try once I get mine up and running. I was interested in your results...

Mac

Well, i did all of the kubi mods, but instead of a 100u output cap, i increased the 10u to 22u. Later, i added the .1 MKP1840, i have a bunch of these and i use them as bypass caps all the time. It gave the comp a bit more high-end air but that´s just my subjective impression.

Silvas said:
I´m keeping the edcors for balanced input, but, i think the unbalanced inputs are keepers.

I'm a bit cinfused, do you guys just make the inputs unbalanced or the outputs?
Thanks!

j.frad said:
Silvas said:
I´m keeping the edcors for balanced input, but, i think the unbalanced inputs are keepers.

I'm a bit cinfused, do you guys just make the inputs unbalanced or the outputs?
Thanks!

On the input side, i installed switched 1/4 jacks so the connection on the secondary of the input trafo is interrupted and the signal is routed unbalanced to the PCB. On the output side, i guess you can take the signal right after the output caps. I´m not running the output unbalanced, tho. I think the edcors are fine for the outputs.

This weekend I used my D-AOC in a live environment... it's HOT!!!

I was using a mono system, so I used 1 side on the drum buss and the other side on bass.

This comp sounds awesome on drums!!!! It can really crunch... beautiful, big sound.

I'm still not too convinced about this comp on bass... maybe it's just me... but it's a bit to smooth... I like my bass to have punch! My LA4A gives the bass loads of punch and clarity... maybe those TL074s distorting...

Anyone happy with this comp on electric bass DIed?

I ran it transformerless for years, then I ended up using a Cinemag 10K:10K exclusively for balancing purpose.

analag said:
I ran it transformerless for years, then I ended up using a Cinemag 10K:10K exclusively for balancing purpose.

Hello, DAOC Dad !

you mean, absolutely transformerless ? inputs and outputs ?

Have to try that.

That's what I do too now. The transformers are still in the case if I ever need balancing but right now I have no use for them.
I works fine.

Latest posts

Back