Yamah Rev5 with burnt BP ROM

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camarada78

Hello,

I have a Yamaha rev5 that powers on but it has a burnt BP ROM on the main board (IC137). Its a TBP28L22 by texas instrument. I'm not sure but i think these are programmed by Yamaha, so although a new TBP28L22 is cheap, it will come "empty". What would be the best way to copy its programming? A simple EPROM programmer would do?

Thanks, have a good day.

Last edited:
When you say burnt, do you mean damaged? If so, you cant copy it. You need to get the binary file from a working unit. Why do you think it is burnt (damaged)?

When you say burnt, do you mean damaged? If so, you cant copy it. You need to get the binary file from a working unit. Why do you think it is burnt (damaged)?
because it literally melted and burned. sorry for the wording, english is not my first language.

When i say copy, i say I would take a working unit, remove the working tbp28L22, put it on the eprom reading/writing device, copy the content (programming) of said working 28L22, and than write a new blank 28L22 with the copied program. We did that with PIC units for automation projects back in school days. its a similar endevour i assume.

Attachments

• rev5 burned IC137.jpeg
    rev5 burned IC137.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 0
Back