Help with Collins 356A rack-up

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

athnony

GDIY Supporter
Hey all, originally posted this in the wrong board.. whoops.

I was hoping to get some help on a rack-up I'm stuck on. My main issue is I'm getting very, very low output signal that seems to stem from a problem near T202 + V202.

I'm seeing T202 pin 1 has 0VDC, T202 pin 2 shows 255VDC. This makes me assume that winding is cooked, but hopefully I'm wrong? - Upon further testing this winding is reading as open on both of my units, so unless there's some magic I don't know about I'm assuming I'll need another OT...? 🥲

I also came across these comments from Doug:
Required iso diodes to avoid latch-up through shared A-/B-
The iso diodes were not added at the time of the pics, they are in series with B+ and filament if I recall correctly. Seems confusing now, possible it's only the B+, unless I modified the filament supply for higher voltage, which I may have.

My B+ PSU is one of those International Power IHB250 @ 273VDC. Will one 1N4004 in series be fine? I'm curious what could've caused that winding to go out on both units.

Attachments

• 356A manual_schematic.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
bummer, sorry. Age, storage conditions, too much current draw (multiple possibilities).

You only need diode iso if you are having PSU interactions.

Back