mic pre with feedback limiter.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ioaudio

schematic7_copy.jpg

ioaudio,

Yes, that`s nice, a magic eye as light source, easy to get work very fast or slow.

I remember I find one or two similar application in a old German electronic magazine "Funkschau" around 1960`s
I will see if I can find this articles in my archive.

--Bo

Looks very interesting! :thumb: I have saved many of your schematics and I'm going to try some of them once I get around and build a bench PSU for tube experiments. Analag & NY-Dave, too.

[quote author="Viitalahde"]Looks very interesting! :thumb: I have saved many of your schematics and I'm going to try some of them once I get around and build a bench PSU for tube experiments. Analag & NY-Dave, too.[/quote]

Should I post my poor man's version of the Fairchild 660?

analag

feedforward optical tube comp? not economic, with those EF86 and ECC83 just for driving the magic eye, but might be great. I don´t remenber of anything alike out there. Ever...

thanks bo!!!
i understand german, so if there are any questions ask me!
the signal is ampilified with ef 86 and cathode follower for feeding the diode rc timing chain. i think its not necessary if you just take the timing of the em84/ldr.

This scheme was used as tremolo in guitar combo "Fonica" which was produced in Poland in mid 1970s.

A photographic documentation including schematic diagram is HERE

the text is in polish but pictures and diagrams say it all. The photoresistor is placed after the first gain stage off the ECC83 anode.

Alex,

Nice litle combo amp, and on same web site, a amazing collection of schematics over old time radio/TV and Hi-Fi amps.

BTW, hope I can see you some time, you know, we live in same town.

--Bo

> anybody noticed the half wave rectifier?

w7ybrk.gif

Thus is a peak-to-peak rectifier, sensitive to both sides of the wave.

so i finally came around breadboarding this
breadboard.jpg

i left out the mic input part as originally shown in the schematic, just to try the compression part around the em84.
bottom line : that magic eye is not bright enough to significantly bring down the ldr´s resistance. i tryed a couple of different em84, em87 and em81.
my best result was 0.1 db gain reduction. :?

I think the idea is great. Why don´t you try getting another, more sensitive LDR and keep the magic eye idea. I do think you could find something that would suit your needs.

thanks for your encouragement :grin:

problem i found is, that i cant get enough contrast. the luminescent screen isnt really dark when below level
and not really very bright when above.
i tryed the ldr with a led which worked much better, i dont know how he managed to do it. anyway, i already ordered some different ldr´s to try.

ahh, some more figures would be nice....

ldr´s resistance:
dark >2Mohm
with led ~ 25kohm
em84 below threshold ~ 700kohm
em84 above threshold ~ 3-400kohm

ok, i got better results with the norps-12 from silonex. still gain reduction is not huge, but it sounds nice. here is the processed file ( see here for the original)

Back