Recording.org what gives?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bigtree said:
I do ban people from time to time ( I think about 25 in 13 years) who are very unprofessional, out of control, who troll, slander, BS and post misinformation about gear, manufacturers, people etc including piracy links.

Not entirely true - I found myself banned (locked out from my account), user picture replaced by some homoerotic crap, and no way to edit any of my old posts - simply because i was "expected to be associated" with the action-generating people back under the revolution. Strange as it may seem, I had absolutely nothing to do with what was going on at the time - and there was no reason to suspect that i did, other than by association.

I have asked nicely several times, but I never got back the rights to access my own user account (though I was allowed to set up a new one).

Jakob E.

version one:
ruffrecords said:
Yesterday I got PMs from the administrator advertising a song writing contest. Now in my view that is not what PMs are for - that sort of thing can be announced on the forum in the usual way. So I PM'd back asking him politely not to send me spam PMs.

version two:
bigtree said:
Why were you banned? Because you were going out of your way to cause trouble with our contests. Just like you are doing here now. And after researching you and your profile here, I can see why.

Could anyone (big? ruff?) shine some light on this?

Cheers

Erik

erikb1971 said:
version one:
ruffrecords said:
Yesterday I got PMs from the administrator advertising a song writing contest. Now in my view that is not what PMs are for - that sort of thing can be announced on the forum in the usual way. So I PM'd back asking him politely not to send me spam PMs.

version two:
bigtree said:
Why were you banned? Because you were going out of your way to cause trouble with our contests. Just like you are doing here now. And after researching you and your profile here, I can see why.

Could anyone (big? ruff?) shine some light on this?

Cheers

Erik

Well, all I can say is the facts are as I stated them. I simply sent bigtree a PM asking him not to use PMs to send me spam. Then he banned me. You judge whether that is "going out of my way to cause trouble with his contests".

The only other thing I can say is that I am not the only one to be treated this way. He has now started spamming my web site. Got this 'request' from him today:

>From IP: 70.77.66.33

NAME = bigtree
EMAIL = [email protected]
COMMENT = Hello Ian,

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=45110.0

How do you want to proceed from here?

Cheers

Ian

Let's go do some diy then! Iam looking for some nice 3 band eq for my multi band drum distortion unit... any Idea? ;-) No poor man's 3 band drum eq on the shelf? 8)

erikb1971 said:
Let's go do some diy then! Iam looking for some nice 3 band eq for my multi band drum distortion unit... any Idea? ;-) No poor man's 3 band drum eq on the shelf? 8)

Funny you should say that, I have been surveying a range of 3 band EQs with just that in mind. Hi and low are quite straightforward to do with little interaction because the frequencies concerned are far apart, but with a mid range control sitting right between them it is hard to do something simple that does not interact with the Hi or Lo, but I am working on it - watch this, or another, space.

Cheers

Ian

Let's give this topic a rest.  Return to respective corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back